The Welcome to the Corps Holiday Drive was created to help incoming Corpsmembers get off to a good start.
LOS ANGELES, CA, USA, November 7, 2017 — —— In an ever-striving effort to enhance the lives and experiences of their Corpsmembers, the LA Conservation Corps announces its new Welcome to the Corps Holiday Drive.
The Corps’ goal is to assemble 250 Welcome to the Corps Toolkits by the end of the year. In 2018, the organization will distribute the Toolkits at their New Corpsmember Graduation ceremonies where new recruits, who have completed their one-month orientation, are officially welcomed into the Corps family.
Why are these toolkits important?
Wendy Butts, CEO of the LA Conservation Corps said, “Many of our Corpsmembers are fighting against tremendous odds. They face food and housing insecurity, transportation issues, and instability at home. Our sincere hope with this Holiday Drive is to help ease these burdens for our young people as much as possible.”
The Corps looks to fill these Toolkits with basic supplies – items like hygiene kits, warm clothing, and gift cards – that the new recruits need to get started at work and to make their home lives a little easier.
How can you give?
There are 3 easy and fun ways to give:
1. Visit the LA Conservation Corps Wishlist on Amazon and purchase supplies that will go in each new Welcome to the Corps Toolkit. Pick out what seems important to you. Amazon will ship to the LA Conservation Corps office where Corps staff will assemble the Toolkits.
2. Build a Toolkit on your own or with friends and send it to the Corps. Use the Wishlist as a reference to purchase items directly.
3. Make a cash donation to the Corps enabling us to purchase the items for the Toolkit.
There’s a commonly held belief that a great way to make yourself feel better is to help someone in need. The LA Conservation Corps encourages you to make a difference this holiday season.
Visit www.lacorps.org for more information about the Welcome to the Corps Holiday Drive.
About the LA Conservation Corps
The LA Conservation Corps is an environmentally-focused youth development organization. We transform the lives of youth from disadvantaged communities through work and education. Work projects improve the quality of life for our communities and protect the environment for future generations.
Los Angeles Conservation Corps
email us here
Latest posts by Sarah Thompson (see all)
- New Data in Pediatric Patients with Axillary Hyperhidrosis Presented During Late-Breaking Research Forum at the 76th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology - February 17, 2018
- AbbVie Presents New Late-Breaking Phase 2b Data on Upadacitinib in Atopic Dermatitis at the 2018 American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting - February 17, 2018
- AbbVie Presents New Positive Late-Breaking Data from Two Phase 3 Psoriasis Trials of Risankizumab at the 2018 American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting - February 17, 2018