NEW YORK, Nov. 15, 2017 — Increasing stringency of automotive active safety and stopping distance regulations and impact of new car assessment program (NCAP) are expected to fuel the demand for brake systems and electronic braking technologies
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05201348
The brake system market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.94% during the forecast period, to reach a market size of USD 31.94 billion by 2021. According to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 32% crashes in 2013 were rear-ended crashes, where stopping distance mattered and more people were injured in rear-end crashes than any other type of crash. As a safety measure, regulations with reduced stopping distance have been introduced, which in turn are making brake manufacturers focus on developing brakes that meet the stopping distance regulation and enhance the performance of the brake systems in commercial vehicles. Global NCAP adopted a declaration on Electronic Stability Control (ESC), which requests all UN Member States to mandate ESC in new models by 2018 and in all automobiles by 2020. ASEAN NCAP aims to push the ESC as a standard fit on all cars, and will consider only cars with ESC for five star ratings. The key factor restraining the market growth is the high development cost of advanced braking technologies.
Passenger cars is the fastest growing vehicle type in the brake system market
The passenger cars segment is estimated to dominate the brake system market. According to the Organization Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles (OICA), the global new passenger car sales increased from 55.8 million units in 2010 to 69.4 million units in 2016. The increase in the number of passenger cars, combined with increasing adoption of disc brakes, makes passenger cars the fastest growing vehicle type in the brake system market. The rapid increase in the adoption of safety systems in passenger cars plays a significant role in the increasing demand for brake systems in passenger cars. The braking function, combined with other active and passive safety systems, assists a driver in avoiding crashes and protects passengers during accidents.
Electronic Stability Control is the largest segment of the braking technology market
Electronic Stability Control (ESC) is a computerized system that applies brakes to individual wheels and reduces engine power to ensure driver control over the vehicle. ESC is considered as one of the most important advancements in automotive safety. A research study conducted by the U.S. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) in 2006 concluded that ESC reduces the likelihood of crashes by 43%, fatal single vehicle crashes by 56%, and fatal single vehicle rollovers by 77%–80%. ESC has become a mandatory component for passenger cars in many parts of North America and Europe. According to the U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 136, ESC has also been proposed to be a mandate for commercial vehicles.
Agricultural Tractors: Fastest growing application of the off-highway brake systems market
The agricultural tractor is used with implements for various farming activities such as harvesting, fertilizing, cultivating, plowing, and others, when equipped with respective implements. The demand for agricultural tractors can be directly attributed to the growing demand for agricultural products globally. Increasing farm mechanization owing to increased scientific farming practices, agricultural production, and government funding are the key factors driving the growth of the agricultural tractor market. The trend of using high-powered tractors is also gaining traction, which is driving the demand for more efficient brake systems. High powered tractors have to meet stringent stopping distance regulations, which are pushing brake system manufacturers to develop more efficient reduced stopping distance disc as well as drum brakes. Asia-Oceania dominates the tractors market due to the extensive agricultural activities in the region.
BREAKDOWN OF PRIMARIES
The study contains insights provided by various industry experts, ranging from equipment suppliers to Tier-1 companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
• By Company Type: Tier-1–61 %, Tier-2–29%, and OEM–10%
• By Designation: C level–40%, D level–35%, Others–25%
• By Region: North America–40%, Europe–27%, Asia-Oceania–20%, RoW–13%
The report provides detailed profiles of the following companies:
• Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.
• Akebono Brake Industry Co., Ltd.
• Autoliv, Inc.
• Robert Bosch GmbH
• Brembo S.p.A
• Continental AG
• Delphi Automotive PLC
• Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp
• Haldex AB
• Hitachi Automotive Systems
• Knorr-Bremse AG
• Mando Corporation
• Nissin Kogyo Co., Ltd
• ZF Friedrichshafen AG
• WABCO Holdings, Inc.
The brake system market has been segmented by brake type (disc and drum), vehicle type (passenger cars (PC), light commercial vehicles (LCV), and heavy commercial vehicles (HCV)), brake technologies (Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Traction Control System (TCS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), and Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)), and off-highway application (Agricultural Tractors and Construction Equipment). The market has been projected in terms of volume ('000 units) and value (USD million/billion).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
This report contains various levels of analysis, including industry analysis (factor analysis and Porter's Five Forces) and company profiles and DIVE analysis, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the emerging and high-growth segments of the brake systems and brake technologies market, competitive landscape, high-growth regions and countries, government initiatives, and market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report enables new entrants/smaller firms as well as established firms to understand the market better to help them to acquire a larger market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned four strategies (market development, product development/innovation, market diversification, and competitive assessment) to strengthen their position in the market.
The report provides insights with reference to the following points:
• Market Development: The report provides comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the brake systems market for all vehicle types across regions.
• Product Development/Innovation: The report offers detailed insights into R&D activities, upcoming technologies, and new product launches in the brake systems market for all vehicle types.
• Market Diversification: The report provides detailed information about untapped markets, investments, new products, and recent developments in the brake system market.
• Competitive Assessment: The report offers in-depth assessment of strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the brake system market.
• Vendor DIVE Analysis: The report provides company-level mapping of net sales, growth rate of a company's net sales, overall regional presence, company's presence/plans in emerging countries, mapping of inorganic and organic developments, manufacturing plants, company's presence in the OE and aftermarket segments, product offerings (breadth and depth), new product developments in recent years, and R&D expenditure, among others.
• Company-wise product and business strategy scorecards: The report offers company level analysis and evaluation of product offering category including the breadth of offering, product innovation, and market presence (OEM and aftermarket) and company level analysis and evaluation of business strategies including company's reach (based on regional presence), revenue growth, infrastructure and clientele, inorganic growth (on the basis of partnerships, collaborations, and acquisitions) and organic growth (on the basis of geographic expansions and new product developments).
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05201348
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need – instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
Latest posts by Maria Burns (see all)
- Hanel Storage Systems to Speak at Major Material Handling Conference, MODEX 2018 - February 24, 2018
- Class Act Books Science Fiction Series Garners Award - February 24, 2018
- MLM VIBES – Fortifying Software for the MLM Business - February 24, 2018