MIAMI, Dec. 15, 2017 — Following a historic win for the 2016-2017 broadcast season, Telemundois pacing to end the year as the #1 Spanish-language network season-to-date in Monday-Friday 8-11 p.m. primetime among adults 18-49 (868,000), adults 18-34 (395,000) and total viewers (1.69 million), according to Nielsen. This marks the second consecutive year Telemundo ranks as the #1 Spanish-language network in the fourth quarter among adults 18-49 and adults 18-34. Fueled by the success of its Super Series™ franchise and innovative drama series, the network is outperforming Univision by +21% among adults 18-49 (718,000), +20% among adults 18-34 (329,000) and +2% among total viewers (1.65 million), and is more than doubling Unimas' performance by +197% among adults 18-49 (292,000), +253% among adults 18-34 (112,000) and +136% among total viewers (713,000). Telemundo's “El Señor de los Cielos” Season 5, “Sin Senos Si Hay Paraiso” Season 2 and “Señora Acero, La Coyote” Season 4 ranked as the top three regularly scheduled Spanish-language broadcast programs season-to-date among adults 18-49 and adults 18-34, while “El Señor de los Cielos” Season 5, “Sin Senos Si Hay Paraiso” Season 2 ranked as the top two among total viewers in Monday-Friday 8-11 p.m. primetime.
Season-to-date, Telemundo ranks as the #5 broadcast network among adults 18-34, regardless of language, and #6 among adults 18-49, behind The CW. The network also outperformed every general entertainment cable network in both demos. In addition, the network has delivered the largest composition of adults 18-34 (23%) season-to-date among all broadcast networks, regardless of language during Monday-Friday 8-11 p.m. primetime.
For the seventh consecutive year, Telemundo has ranked as the #1 Hispanic VOD network and #1 in transactions for every month of 2017-to-date, according to comScore. The Telemundo Novelas app generated 119 million video views in 2017-to-date, up 76% year-over-year.
Telemundo has over 94 million fans and followers across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, up 28% year-over-year and its social accounts generated over 3.6 billion global native video views, up 80% year-over-year. In addition, Telemundo's YouTube channels generated 2.8 billion global video views, up 53% year-over-year. Telemundo was also consistently one of the top 5 TV networks on Facebook, regardless of language for engagement on Facebook, according to Shareablee.
Highlights for the season include:
- “Jenni Rivera: Mariposa de Barrio,” the bio-musical series based on the life of Regional Mexican superstar Jenni Rivera, ranked as the #1 Spanish-language program at 8 p.m. among adults 18-49, adults 18-34 and total viewers during its run in the fourth quarter of 2017.
- The second season of Telemundo's hit primetime series “Sin Senos Sí Hay Paraíso” was the #1 Spanish-language program at 9 p.m. among adults 18-49, adults 18-34 and total viewers in the fourth quarter of 2017.
- Telemundo's record-breaking, innovative Super Series™ “El Señor de los Cielos” Season 5 and “Señora Acero, La Coyote” Season 4 at 10 p.m. were the #1 Spanish-language programs among adults 18-49, adults 18-34 and total viewers this quarter.
- The simulcast of the 2017 “Latin American Music Awards” on Telemundo and Universo delivered the show's best performance ever among adults 18-49 with 1,183,000 and averaged 2,319,000 total viewers.
- “Titulares y Más” (TYM,) Telemundo Deportes' nightly sports and entertainment show, ranked as the # 1 regularly scheduled sports news and commentary show in Spanish-language television among adults 18-49 (281,000) and total viewers (509,000).
- “Boxeo Telemundo Ford,” the #1 Spanish-language boxing program in the U.S, had its highest fourth quarter ever among adults 18-49 (227,000) and total viewers (480,000).
- Telemundo was the #1 destination for the Final Draw for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia regardless of language on December 1, which averaged 329,000 total viewers, nearly six times more than Fox Sports 1's broadcast (61,000 total viewers).
Source: Nielsen, M-F 8-11pm strict daypart, Most Current (L+7 available through 11/26/17 as of data pulled 12/12/17), 2017-18 season (9/25/17-12/10/17). A18-34 composition among P2+. Season-to-date program rank based on weighted program averages that ran M-F 8-11pm, excluding sports & specials. Hourly program rank based on strict daypart for M-F 8-9pm, M-F 9-10pm & M-F 10-11pm (excluding sports & specials). TYM rank based on regularly scheduled programs (6+ telecasts) with Nielsen type code Sports News and Sports Commentary. Final Draw: Nielsen NPX Live+SD, P2+ (000): 12/1/17 WC draw based on 10a-11a strict daypart Digital: January- November 2016 vs. 2017comScore On Demand Essentials, Adobe Analytics, US only, YouTube Analytics, Global Audience, Shareablee, Global Audience.
About NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises:
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Studios, Telemundo Internacional, Telemundo International Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 17 owned stations, 55 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world's most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as Buzzfeed, Vox, and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world; Telemundo International Studios, a production unit focused on creating high-end short form, scripted formats for international markets; and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/telemundo-to-end-2017-as-the-1-spanish-language-network-season-to-date-in-monday-friday-8-11pm-primetime-among-adults-18-49-18-34-and-total-viewers-300572087.html
SOURCE Telemundo Group
Latest posts by Maria Burns (see all)
- Industrial Truck Association Supports the North American Free Trade Agreement - February 22, 2018
- Readyâ€™s New Restaurant Technology Looks to Ease New Minimum Wage and Labour Shortage Pressures in Ontario - February 22, 2018
- IMDb Launches Its First-Ever Skill for Amazon Alexa - February 22, 2018