Stockholm, November 13, 2017
Zenicor Medical Systems announces that the pilot project that has been carried out in northern Finland during the first half of 2017 has shown positive results. The improved care pathway for atrial fibrillation and arrhythmias tested in the project offers patients an early diagnosis, allowing opportunities for prompt treatment. After the successful project, Oulu Sydänkeskus (Oulu Heart Center) has chosen to continue and expand their usage of the Zenicor-ECG system.
– The project has been very successful for the involved parties, above all for the patients who didn’t need to wait as long to start the investigation, could get an early diagnosis and receive the treatment that they needed quicker. As a result of participating in the project, we are now going to offer interpretations of Zenicor-ECG to all primary care centres in Northern Finland as part of our medical services offering, says Olli-Pekka Piira, CEO at Oulu Sydänkeskus, one of the largest private cardiology centres in Finland which was responsible for the ECG interpretation in the project.
The new and improved service will imply:
- That Zenicor-ECG will be handed out directly at the primary care centers
- Cut waiting time and increased convenience for the patients
- Minimized need for referrals to a different medical institution
- Reduced amount of paperwork as ECGs can be analysed remotely by specialists in cardiology
By using Zenicor-ECG patients will be offered a correct and earlier diagnosis and the opportunity to receive earlier treatment.
– The big challenge with all healthcare projects is the implementation into everyday practice. In this case we’ve successfully done so, which, except from carrying a commercial value for us here and now, also provides proof of concept applicable to other ongoing projects. This is only the beginning for Zenicor improving pathways for the health care, says Mats Palerius, CEO of Zenicor Medical Systems.
About Zenicor and the Zenicor-ECG
Zenicor Medical Systems AB is a leading medical technology company in the field of arrhythmia investigations and stroke prevention. Zenicor-ECG is optimised for cardiac arrhythmia diagnosis, including atrial fibrillation, in professional healthcare. The system is in use in over 350 clinics in ten countries all over Europe. The efficiency of the solution has been documented in several studies and articles published in internationally leading scientific journals. These studies have shown that Zenicor-ECG has superior diagnostic ability, combined with cost-effectiveness and ease of use, compared to traditional methods.
For more information, please contact:
Mats Palerius, CEO, Zenicor Medical Systems AB,
Phone: +46 70 561 55 64
E-mail: [email protected]
Olli-Pekka Piira, CEO, Oulu Sydänkeskus
Phone: +358 (0)44 505 7494
E-mail: [email protected]
High resolution images of Zenicor ECG are available for download: https://zenicor.com/news/
This information is such information that Zenicor Medical Systems AB (publ) is obligated to publish in compliance with the EU market abuse regulation . The information was provided, through the above contact, for publication on the 13th of November 2017 .
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- Stop prostate cancer growth - February 21, 2018
- Lindora Receives Additional Round of Growth Capital - February 21, 2018