LONDON, December 22, 2017 —
The oil and gas industry has long been at the forefront of technological innovation, and protecting intellectual property has been an important source of revenue in the low oil price continuum. The energy industry's changing competitive landscape has driven growth in the extraction of challenging reserves in upstream oil and gas. The protection of IP has had a direct impact on these advances.
Ahead of his session at the 5th Annual Oil & Gas IP Summit, Stéphane Bombino, Intellectual Property Lead (Group), Subsea 7 shared his tips for IP decision-making.
“…having the right environment at the right moment is essential for IP to be valuable, not only as a protection, but also as preparation for the different steps that lead from an invention to a commercially useful item or tool.”
During Stéphane's interview, he explains:
- Key steps he took in his IP journey
- Important factors executives should consider when approaching the development of your new tool strategies
- Areas that can cause issues in the oil and gas IP journey
- The impact the low price continuum may have on your approach to IP
- The role technology advancement has had on IP strategy
The transcript is free to download: http://bit.ly/OGIPSubsea7
Stephane will be speaking further on this topic alongside industry leaders from BP, Tullow, Statoil, Clyde & Co, Japan Oil, Gas and Metal National Corporation, Sasol Technology, Tenaris and the European Patent Office at the Oil & Gas IP community's AGM (24-25 January, London).
Media contact: Nishkala Thiru, +44(0)20-7368-9300, [email protected]
Press are invited to attend this important industry forum. If you would like a complimentary press pass please email Nishkala Thiru at [email protected]
SOURCE Oil & Gas iQ
Latest posts by Maria Burns (see all)
- Hanel Storage Systems to Speak at Major Material Handling Conference, MODEX 2018 - February 24, 2018
- Class Act Books Science Fiction Series Garners Award - February 24, 2018
- MLM VIBES – Fortifying Software for the MLM Business - February 24, 2018