NEW YORK December 18, 2017
Shriners Hospitals for Children is joining forces with actor Joe Minoso of NBC’s popular television show Chicago Fire, on a series of public service announcements to keep families safe from fires and burn injuries this holiday season.
A video accompanying this announcement is available at: https://youtu.be/MMxTb9Aphso
These 15 and 30-second PSAs are available in English and Spanish for your use. To download HD or SD quality versions of the spot, audio version for radio play, and to review additional materials please visit: dssimon.com/MM/be-burn-aware/
The holiday months can carry an increased risk of house fires and burns due to more time spent indoors, more cooking, open flames and decorations.
An independent survey commissioned by Shriners Hospitals for Children® polled U.S. adults on their fire safety knowledge and practices and found that many have dangerous habits that could lead to serious injuries or even death. Conducted as part of the Shriners Hospitals for Children annual Be Burn Aware campaign, survey results show that many families are at risk during the holiday season. For example, 27 percent of those surveyed leave lit candles in the reach of children.
Although overall awareness of fire risks was high, the survey also revealed:
- 25 percent of people surveyed leave lit candles unattended in their homes
- 45 percent do not water live Christmas trees daily, even though 70 percent were aware that they should
- 47 percent do not keep something nearby to extinguish a fire when cooking, such as a lid or cookie sheet
- 25 percent do not turn pot handles to the back of the stove and out of a child’s reach
Now is the time to educate your audience on what they can do to reduce the risk of house fires and burn injuries this holiday season. Download the PSA now with the help of YourUpdate.TV and D S Simon
YourUpdateTV is a social media video portal for organizations to share their content, produced by award-winning video communications firm, D S Simon Media (http://www.dssimon.com). It includes separate channels for Health and Wellness, Lifestyle, Media and Entertainment, Money and Finance, Social Responsibility, Sports and Technology.
About Shriners Hospitals for Children:
Shriners Hospitals for Children is changing lives every day through innovative pediatric specialty care, world-class research and outstanding medical education. Our 22 locations in the United States, Canada and Mexico provide advanced care for children with orthopaedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate. All care and services are provided regardless of the families’ ability to pay.
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and relies on the generosity of donors. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law. Learn more at shrinershospitalsforchildren.org.
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- MasterGraphics.aec Named a U.S. Reseller Partner for CyberCity 3D, Inc. - February 25, 2018
- Dover Downs Hotel & Casino to be Part of POW-MIA Flag National Tour on Thursday, March 1 - February 25, 2018
- Keller Williams is officially the #1 Real Estate company, earned the Triple Crown! - February 25, 2018