PITTSBURGH–PPG (NYSE: PPG) today announced that the company received a perfect score of 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) workplace equality.
“A diverse workforce is the backbone of a successful business in global markets and economies,” said Michael McGarry, PPG chairman and chief executive officer. “PPG serves millions of customers in nearly every corner of the globe with our paints, coatings and specialty materials. The diversity of our workforce provides us with the strong advantage we need to solve our customers’ diverse, evolving needs. Diversity is about celebrating our best, and bringing them together to protect and beautify the world.”
The CEI is considered the premier benchmark for corporate policies and practices relating to LGBTQ employees and their families, as well as LGBTQ workplace inclusion. The index evaluates LGBTQ-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs and public engagement with the LGBTQ community. PPG’s efforts in satisfying all of the CEI’s criteria results in a 100 percent ranking and the designation as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality.
The CEI evaluated and assigned full credit to PPG for each of these categories:
- Prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation for all operations
- Prohibits discrimination based on gender identity or expression for all operations
- Has contractor/vendor non-discrimination standards that include sexual orientation and gender identity
- Offers equivalent spousal and partner medical benefits
- Parity across spousal and partner “soft” benefits
- Has employer-supported employee resource group or firm-wide diversity council
- Positively engages the external LGBTQ community
- Offers transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage
- Firm-wide organizational competency programs
The HRC officially evaluates all FORTUNE 500 companies and unofficially ranks the remaining businesses based on publicly-available data.
For more information on the 2018 Corporate Equality Index, or to download a free copy of the report, visit www.hrc.org/cei.
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation is the educational arm of America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual transgender and queer people. HRC envisions a world where LGBTQ people are embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
At PPG (NYSE:PPG), we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries and reported net sales of $14.3 billion in 2016. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com.
We protect and beautify the world is a trademark and the PPG Logo is a registered trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- Boost Your Business Growth in 2018 with MachPanel – Service Orchestration Platform (SOP) - February 22, 2018
- Matrix Is Recognized By New Jersey Alliance For Action - February 22, 2018
- Logos Evangelical Seminary Awarded $252,465 Campus Consortium Mobile Campus Grant - February 22, 2018