Teams from companies in Phoenix show the impact of their wellness programs by training for and conquering a 3-course fitness challenge hosted by Fit Company
PHOENIX, ARIZONA, USA, November 17, 2017 — On November 4, 2017 participants from companies located in the Phoenix area took part in the Fit Company Challenge, a corporate wellness event hosted by the Fit Company Institute. The challenge provided area companies an opportunity to come together as a team and spend a morning exercising, pushing their physical and mental limits and showing the importance of living a healthy lifestyle. Companies split their team into squads of 3 to 4 people who worked together to complete a variety of fitness stations to challenge their fitness level and earn points for their company. Teams chose what level to go through each course which allowed participants of all fitness levels to push their physical fitness without going too far out of their comfort zone.
SUMCO Phoenix Corporation claimed the top spot in the Large division adding to their 1st place finish in the Medium division in the 2016 Phoenix Fit Company Challenge. From SUMCO Phoenix Corporation team captain Misty Gilmore, “SUMCO is committed to the health and wellness of our employees and families. Taking part in the Fit Company Challenge demonstrates our commitment to each other, working together, doing the best we can to achieve our goal.”
On event date, athletic trainers from AZ Fitness Plus (www.azfitnessplus.com) assisted the participants and provided both guidance and motivation to the teams as they went through the various fitness stations and courses. Participants challenged their strength, conditioning, power, agility, and ended with a test of endurance to show their companies and colleagues that they practice what they preach. Participants used their involvement to bring out company team members, and family members to cheer them on and promote the importance of having fun and effective corporate wellness programs at their companies.
The challenge was held at Kiwanis Park, located a short drive from downtown Phoenix, Arizona.
The following is a list of the top finishers in the Phoenix Area that participated in the 2017 Fall Fit Company Challenge:
Top Companies by Division
1) SUMCO Phoenix Corporation
2) Unicon, Inc.
1) Climatec LLC
3) Desert Valley Pediatric Therapy
4) Wallace, Plese + Dreher
1) MRA Associates
1) Global Healing Center
2) Off Madison Ave
3) Hybrid Design Associates, LLC
Top Teams Overall (Based on Total Points)
1) #1785 – SUMCO Phoenix Corporation (Tie)
1) #1815 – Climatec LLC (Tie)
3) #1794 – MRA Associates (Tie)
3) #1814 – Climatec LLC (Tie)
5) #1796 – MRA Associates
6) #1826 – Swiftpage
7) #1816 – Climatec LLC (Tie)
7) #1817 – Climatec LLC (Tie)
7) #1824 – Swiftpage (Tie)
10)#1801 – Unicon, Inc.
Top Teams By Course
Course 1 – Level 2
1) #1815 – Climatec LLC
2) #1817 – Climatec LLC
3) #1816 – Climatec LLC
4) #1785 – SUMCO Phoenix Corporation
Course 1 – Level 1
1) #1797 – Unicon, Inc.
2) #1798 – Unicon, Inc.
3) #1799 – Unicon, Inc.
4) #1789 – SUMCO Phoenix Corporation
Course 2 – Level 2
1) #1815 – Climatec LLC
2) #1814 – Climatec LLC
3) #1785 – SUMCO Phoenix Corporation
4) #1794 – MRA Associates
Course 2 – Level 1
1) #1798 – Unicon, Inc.
2) #1819 – MedRisk
3) #1813 – Wallace, Plese + Dreher
4) #1799 – Unicon, Inc.
Course 3 – Level 2
1) #1786 – SUMCO Phoenix Corporation
2) #1801 – Unicon, Inc.
3) #1806 – Desert Valley Pediatric Therapy (Tie)
3) #1826 – Swiftpage (Tie)
Course 3 – Level 1
1) #1785 – SUMCO Phoenix Corporation
2) #1783 – Global Healing Center (Tie)
2) #1784 – Global Healing Center (Tie)
4) #1787 – SUMCO Phoenix Corporation (Tie)
4) #1790 – SUMCO Phoenix Corporation (Tie)
About the Fit Company Institute, LLC:
The Fit Company Institute is based in Austin, Texas and is dedicated to help companies thrive through wellness. The Fit Company Challenge helps companies be their best by creating the most productive, focused, energetic, happiest, and cohesive teams possible.
Find more at www.fitcompany.com and upcoming events in cities across the US in 2018.
Fit Company Institute
email us here
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- C Spire to test leading edge 5G technology for first time in Mississippi on Tuesday - February 19, 2018
- Stimulating Hope and Healing With TMS for Depression and Co-Occurring Disorders - February 19, 2018
- Imperial Courts Housing Projects Making History with its First Student Author Book Signing Event - February 19, 2018