STAMFORD, Conn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Philips (NYSE:PHG, AEX:PHIA) has teamed up with HomeLab to support its mission to create healthier homes. With HomeLab’s Healthy Home Program, consumers can monitor their home’s air vitals and get expert guidance on how to create a healthier home through the use of tools such as the Philips Air Purifier. With professional grade AeraSense technology, Philips Air Purifiers automatically monitor, react, and purify indoor air, capturing 99.97% of particles1. The product’s unique numerical index, corresponding color ring, and connected app, make it easy to track and control air quality in the home – alerting in real-time to even the slightest change in indoor air conditions, aiding HomeLab in their analysis.
“At Philips, we believe there is always a way to make life better, and that really starts with a healthy home environment,” said Eline de Graaf, Marketing Director for Philips Domestic Appliances. “Many people are unaware of the air issues that are present in their space every day – our daily air intake is 7 times more than our daily food and water intake, yet we pay so much more attention to what we eat and drink. In fact, indoor air can actually be 2-5 times worse than outdoor air. That’s why Philips is excited to partner with HomeLab as both organizations have the same goal of giving families the power to manage the most important part of the home – the air they breathe.”
Through the Healthy Home Program, HomeLab provides a tailored plan and helpful tools to create a healthy home environment in three simple steps:
- Pollution and home analysis: HomeLab introduces a monitor or the Philips Air Purifier to a home and conducts a home profile to effectively diagnose any potential issues within the space, including chemicals, allergens or mold. Participants are able to access their analysis online or on their smartphone or tablet.
- Comprehensive healthy home plan: Once the space has been assessed, participants receive an individualized, step-by-step plan based on pollution levels and the home’s characteristics. The plan will focus on key actions that can help remove pollutants – this plan can include things like removing allergens at the source, upgrading ventilation or maintaining air space with the Philips Air Purifier.
- Ongoing professional guidance: HomeLab’s certified Healthy Home Evaluators will review reports and plans with each customer via phone, talking through next steps and answering questions. Healthy Home Evaluators are also available at any time to provide additional support or answer questions following this initial conversation.
“Poor indoor air quality has many root causes with no single solution,” said Nate Bellino, Founder and CEO of HomeLab. “The Healthy Home Program solves the issue by identifying pollutants, providing a prioritized plan for removing them, and ongoing expert guidance. We are thrilled to incorporate the Philips Air Purifier into our Healthy Home Program in effort to create healthier homes across the country.”
The Philips 2000i Smart Air Purifier combines a HEPA and VOC purifier with a professional grade PM2.5 monitor to track pollution trends and reduce allergens at the same time. HomeLab collects information from the built in monitor in order to analyze indoor air trends to help guide participants through the program.
While this analysis phase takes place, participants are able to enjoy cleaner air immediately. An active carbon filter traps harmful gases (VOCs) and a HEPA filter captures particles as small as 0.3 microns, including pollen, dust mites, pet dander, and mold. Users can visualize allergen levels with the color coded ring on the outside of the product, while watching air improve as the purifier goes to work. Users can also control the device from their smartphone and view both outdoor and indoor pollution.
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, the company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Philips' health technology portfolio generated 2016 sales of EUR 17.4 billion and employs approximately 73,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. News about Philips can be found at www.philips.com/newscenter.
About HomeLab, a Public Benefit Corp.
HomeLab is a Public Benefit Corporation whose mission is to make every home a healthy home. Leveraging technology and deep expertise of buildings, HomeLab is focused on empowering individuals and guiding them through the most comprehensive, easy, and affordable options for improving home health. More information can be found at homelab.com.
Notes to editor
¹As small as 0.3 microns from the air that passes through the filter
²Does not reduce or absorb carbon monoxide gas. Keep gas appliances well ventilated.
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- MasterGraphics.aec Named a U.S. Reseller Partner for CyberCity 3D, Inc. - February 25, 2018
- Dover Downs Hotel & Casino to be Part of POW-MIA Flag National Tour on Thursday, March 1 - February 25, 2018
- Keller Williams is officially the #1 Real Estate company, earned the Triple Crown! - February 25, 2018