PHOENIX–(BUSINESS WIRE)–With Christmas just five days away and the window closing for guaranteed home delivery for online orders, PetSmart today announced the launch of Fetch It Days, four days Dec. 21-24 when shoppers can buy online, get 10 percent off purchases of $50 or more and fetch their packages of purchased items through PetSmart’s free and convenient in-store pickup service offered at all 1,450-plus PetSmart stores across the U.S.
According to a recent survey commissioned by PetSmart and conducted by Wakefield Research, more than 80 percent of dog owners in the U.S. have bought their pup a present for the holidays. Since last-minute shopping tends to be the norm for many, PetSmart’s Fetch It Days help assure gifts are under the tree for pets and pet lovers in time for Christmas.
Shoppers can pick up their items during store hours the day they order, or the next day. Packages can be fetched two hours after being ordered online, and shoppers will receive email confirmation when their order is ready for store pickup. With fetch-it options between Dec. 21-24, pet parents have ample time to wrap and place gifts under the tree for their four-legged furry family members right up to Christmas Eve.
“We love our pets and believe they deserve holiday gifts too. With home deliveries by various carriers experiencing holiday-rush challenges, we decided to expand PetSmart Fetch It Days to four days,” said Joshua Kanter, PetSmart’s executive vice president of marketing and customer experience. “Fetch It Days offers the best of both worlds for our pet parents – the ease of shopping online or on-the-go via a mobile device and then the ability to simply swing by the store to quickly fetch their gifts in time for Christmas.”
PetSmart has all the gifts topping pets’ wish lists this year* including festive pet apparel for the all-important holiday family photo, toys, feasting treats and more.
This Season’s Top Pet Gifts:
- Toys make the classic holiday gift! Disney® “Tsum Tsum” toys are at PetSmart this holiday season. This popular plush human toy is now available for the first time for pets. These lovable characters – including Eeyore, Stitch, Mickey Mouse and Tigger – come in a variety of sizes and are complete with squeakers to enhance pet engagement. They make a great pet stocking stuffer! Food-themed pet toys have been a trend all year, and are also popular for the holiday season including this fast-food holiday four-pack.
- Tech gadgets are always a crowd pleaser. An exclusive at PetSmart, the pet tech G.O.A.T. Wireless Bluetooth Speakers make a great gift for pets and their humans. These tiny speakers come in four pet-themed shapes, like this spotted dog, and are easy to use. They include a Bluetooth connect, stream music and include a built-in microphone, selfie remote button, LED light and instructions for an easy app download. The speaker securely clips to any collar, leash or pet parent apparel.
- Pet treats are the perfect holiday indulgence. The PetSmart treat assortment ranges from savory to sweet including this holiday snack tray featuring cheese, sausage, sweet potato crackers and cranberries and the giant turkey leg chew. Sweet treats include the frosted dog biscuit Ho Ho Ho cookies and the holiday cookie assortment package with delectable peppermint cookie dog treats that look so good people might even take a bite.
- New collar classics. A festive holiday collar is a great pet gift for the holiday season. This collar features a jingle bell so pets can create a delightful jingle as they prance and play. This ED Ellen DeGeneres collar features a chic checkered design with a pop of red.
- Pet beds. A new holiday-themed pet bed is the perfect gift for your pet and you! Choose from a festive cuddler style featuring a colorful string of lights or this unique and cozy ski lodge pup-tent bend from the ED Ellen DeGeneres Winter Collection, exclusive to PetSmart.
- Fun apparel and décor includes these “Santa’s Little Yelper” PJs and this festive elf sweater. The fun doesn’t stop at cats and dogs. PetSmart has more than half a dozen offerings for guinea pigs including an elf costume or reindeer sweater. For our friends with fins, choose from a variety of festive tank ornaments for your fish like a snorkeling Santa.
- Gifts that give back. Items in PetSmart’s Holiday Philanthropic Collection include seven classic collectible plush toys, Chance, Lucky & Friends, as well as 12 pet-themed throws with sayings like “I Wine, She Whines” and “Drinking Buddies.” Also included in this collection are gift cards that give back. PetSmart will donate 10 percent of sales of these items to PetSmart Charities to help pets in need. Last year, this program raised $585,000 for the nonprofit organization, and local stores conducted toy drives with the plush toys, collecting more than a million toys to give to children in need in local areas. This toy drive effort continues this holiday season.
- Calming solutions. The holidays can be hectic for people and their pets. PetSmart offers a number of calming solutions such as the Thundershirt, which calms pups with consistent pressure on their body like a soothing hug; collars and diffusers that release pheromones similar to what female dogs release when nursing their new puppies; as well as Licks Zen and other chews with natural supplements that deliver calming effects.
*Some exclusions apply to PetSmart’s Fetch It Days offer. See PetSmart.com for details.
PetSmart, Inc. is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. At PetSmart, we love pets, and we believe pets make us better people. Every day with every connection, PetSmart’s passionate associates help bring pet parents closer to their pets so they, together, can live more fulfilled lives. This vision impacts everything we do for our customers, the way we support our associates and how we give back to our communities. We employ approximately 55,000 associates, operate 1,600 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, as well as more than 200 in-store PetSmart® PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities. PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and products, as well as pet-focused services such as dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart™ Doggie Day Camp™ and pet adoption. PetSmart, together with non-profits PetSmart Charities® and PetSmart Charities® of Canada, invite more than 3,500 animal welfare organizations to bring adoptable pets into stores so they have the best chance possible of finding a forever home. Through this in-store adoption program and other signature events, PetSmart has facilitated more than 7.6 million adoptions – more than any other brick-and-mortar organization. The company’s portfolio of digital resources for pet parents includes PetSmart.com, petMD.com, Pawculture.com, AllPaws, an online pet adoption platform that helps potential pet parents find the perfect pet to adopt based on their home, family and lifestyle, as well as BlogPaws, the world’s first pet blogger and influencer network. Through these digital platforms, PetSmart offers the most comprehensive online pet supplies and pet care information in the U.S. In celebration of its 30th anniversary, PetSmart launched its Buy a Bag, Give a Meal™ program in March 2017. For every bag of cat or dog food purchased March 1 – Dec. 31, 2017, PetSmart will donate a meal to pets in need and expects to donate more than 60 million meals in 2017*. In May 2017, PetSmart acquired Chewy.com, a leading online retailer of pet food and products in the U.S., which operates as an independent subsidiary.
Turn your passion for pets into a career you’ll love! Visit careers.petsmart.com to learn more about corporate, retail store, and Distribution Center opportunities.
*Ends 12/31/17. 5 oz. dog food, 1.5 oz. cat food donated to PetSmart Charities to feed dogs and cats in need. See details at petsmart.com/giveameal. The actual number of meals donated is based on dog and cat food bags sold. The meal donation estimate is based on historic sales for similar time periods. No guaranteed amount. Rescue Bank and Feeding America will help distribute a large portion of the pet food donation in the U.S.
Latest posts by Sarah Thompson (see all)
- Stefanie Smith Named Chief Clinical Officer for Hanna Boys Center - February 18, 2018
- comScore Announces Official Worldwide Box Office Results for Weekend of February 18, 2018 - February 18, 2018
- HealthCombix, a Leading Blockchain Healthcare Platform, Partners with Y Combinator Alumnus NuCypher - February 18, 2018