CINCINNATI–Pampers, the brand trusted to be the #1 choice of U.S. hospitals* for more than 40 years, has created a first-of-its-kind flat diaper to protect the needs of preemies whose skin is too delicate to wear a traditional diaper or require an alternative diapering solution while in the NICU. Pampers has partnered with the March of Dimes this Prematurity Awareness Month and will donate a box of the new Pampers NICU Flat Diapers to every NICU in the country to support every baby’s happy and healthy development– including the littlest fighters.
“For more than 40 years, Pampers has been proud to be in the corner of all NICU nurses and preemie babies, providing innovative solutions in support of their unique needs,” said Erica Bardeau, Brand Manager, North America Baby Care, P&G. “In 2002, we were the first major diaper manufacturer to create a diaper for premature babies. Since then, we have developed numerous innovations, including diapers ranging from size P1 to P3 for micro-preemies, to care for all babies, even the littlest fighters.”
Visit [https://youtu.be/Y79pbg5dNy0] to view the Pampers’ “Littlest Fighters” video that champions the fighting spirit of all preemies.
Preterm birth is a national health crisis that accounts for 1 in 10 or around 380,000 babies being born prematurely every year in the United Sates. The preterm birth rate has increased for the second year in a row, rising to 9.8 percent — equating to approximately 8,000 additional babies being born prematurely. Thankfully, advances in medical science have allowed many of these babies to thrive in the NICU, but their unique needs go beyond the traditional diaper. The Flat Diaper addresses the unique needs of babies with extremely low birth weight, severe skin issues, jaundice, gastrointestinal complications and other related conditions.
“We are proud to offer such a diverse range of products, specifically tailored to meet the needs of all preemies in the NICU,” said Amy Wiford, Pampers Nurse specialist, P&G, and NICU nurse who has cared for preemie babies for 10 years. “The Pampers NICU Flat Diaper is filling an unmet need in the clinical space that can allow for greater access to treatments for baby, protection of delicate skin, and minimal disturbances to baby in those critical first 72 hours of life.”
Key features of the Pampers NICU Flat Diaper include:
- All-Around Absorbency to provide equal protection in the front and back, to help allow diapering in any position.
- Our Absorb Away Liner that pulls wetness and mess away from baby’s skin to help baby stay dry and comfortable.
- A Wetness Shield that helps prevent run-off from the flat diaper.
- Premium Skin Protection by using the same breathable materials found in Pampers Swaddlers diapers.
- No Tape, No Elastic, No Fragrance – just softness and protection to provide outstanding care for the littlest fighter.
The materials in all Pampers products are safe and gentle, and are the same materials used safely in Pampers hospital and retail diapers, by more than 25 million babies worldwide, every day. Pampers partners with leading pediatricians, pediatric dermatologists and safety experts to confirm the materials we use are safe for babies, especially the most delicate.
“With the rising preterm birth rate, the March of Dimes’ fight for the health of all moms and babies has never been more important,” said Stacey D. Stewart, President of the March of Dimes. “We are proud to partner with Pampers, who shares our commitment to innovation, research, protection, care and support, ensuring that future generations of babies have a fighting chance.
Pampers is donating up to $300,000 to the March of Dimes this Prematurity Awareness Month and allowing consumers to participate by the following actions:
- Share your #LittlestFighters story about the first time you were inspired by your baby’s fighting spirit on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram from November 8-17 and Pampers will donate $5 to the March of Dimes (up to $90,000).
- Subscribe for any new Pampers on Amazon Prime from November 11-17, and Pampers will donate $10 to the March of Dimes (up to $150,000).
- Donate your Pampers Rewards points to March of Dimes and we’ll match them during the month of November, (up to $10,000).
- Submit your story on TODAY.com and we’ll donate $5 to March of Dimes, up to $50,000. Now through November 19 at 11:59 EST. Submissions may be used within TODAY broadcast, TODAY.com and/or on TODAY social handles.
The March of Dimes and Pampers are also teaming up to present “Imagine a World,” an interactive experience that celebrates strong moms and babies at LA Live from November 9 to 11. The event features a photo gallery by world-renowned photographer and March of Dimes Ambassador, Anne Geddes, along with interactive technology stations featuring games and puzzles, selfie stations, DIY flower crown-making and craft stations, and garden party photo booths. Pampers will feature their complete line of Pampers diapers – from the tiniest to the biggest – as well as provide a family-friendly changing station, stroller park and nursing stations at the event.
For more than 50 years, parents have trusted Pampers to care for their babies. Pampers is a part of The Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE:PG) and is the #1-selling diaper worldwide. Every day, more than 25 million babies in 100 countries around the world wear Pampers. Pampers offers a complete range of diapers, wipes and training pants designed to provide protection and comfort for every stage of baby’s development. Visit www.pampers.com to learn more about Pampers products, join the Pampers Rewards program, and find ideas and information to help your baby get the most out of love, sleep and play.
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.
About March of Dimes
Celebrating nearly 80 years, the March of Dimes is the leading nonprofit organization for pregnancy and baby health. For the latest resources and health information, visit marchofdimes.org and nacersano.org. If you have been affected by prematurity, visit our shareyourstory.org community to find comfort and support. Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. @marchofdimes #MODimagines
*Based on sales of the newborn hospital diaper
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- HyperX Brings Latest Gaming Gear to Intel Extreme Masters in Katowice 2018 - February 22, 2018
- IDACORP, Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter and Year-End 2017 Results, Initiates 2018 Earnings Guidance - February 22, 2018
- Loyale Healthcare Announces Expanded Partner Strategy, Promotes Grattan Smith to Lead Effort - February 22, 2018