Camanio Care, a company that develops and sells robotics and Augmented Reality solutions in elderly care launches Giraff today, a telepresence robot that enables care visits from a distance. Giraff minimizes travel time for care staff, strengthens the relationship between caregivers and the persons served as well as strengthening social activities.
During the second quarter of this year, Camanio Care acquired the Giraff robot. Giraff can be described as a robot that enables mobile visits in the home where the visitor can in fact be situated anywhere in the world, allowing a more frequent and efficient attendance, minimizes travel time and improves the presence. For those users that mainly need a check-up visit or regular attendance, the Giraff can free up time. Relatives and other authorized healthcare professionals can utilize the Giraffs safe system for telecommunications.
The solution consists of a height adjustable video screen on a long, thin holder and is equipped with a computer. The robot drives on resilient wheels and can easily move across carpets and thresholds, it has IR-sensors to avoid collisions. The product is easy to understand and use for elderly and offers a safe communication with caregivers and relatives.
The sales start today and there is already a significant interest both in Sweden and internationally, mainly within the healthcare sector, but also other industries. Initially Camanio Care aims to address the need within rehab, homecare services, group homes and assistive living facilities.
– We already use the Giraff today in our training apartment for rehabilitation of persons with acquired brain injuries. This way we can, without being inside the apartment physically, from a distance, follow how a patient that has had a stroke can manage to live independently. We have worked with the Giraff since 2012 and see large opportunities for applications within rehabilitation.” Says Inga-Lill Boman, cert. Occupational Therapist med dr leg, Medical Rehabilitation university clinic, Danderyd Hospital.
– Individuals that are sensitive to infections, long hospital stays or for persons working at a distance can participate in both social and professional situations. The main difference to conventional video conferencing solutions and the Giraff is that the user participating through the Giraff can control his/her own conversation, turn the head, look in any direction and independently control their own participation. You can take part in the small conversations in between the meetings that take place in the corridors, at the coffee table or going to and from meetings. During the meetings you occupy a physical place at the table and is clearly visible for everyone in the room says Catharina Borgenstierna, CEO of Camanio Care.
In Singapore Giraff is a key highlight of center of Excellence ”Smart Elderly [email protected] Centre” that was recently launched two weeks ago. A short film on youtube shows how the robot is interacting with the elderly during the demonstration with Dr Amy Khor, Singapores Senior Minister of State in the Ministry of Health. See the film her e .
For further information, please contact:
Catharina Borgenstierna, CEO
Telephone: +46 733-93 00 07
E-mail: [email protected]
About Camanio Care
Camanio Care is a company operating in the caretech marketplace with robotics, assistive devices [HB1] [CB2] and gamification that focus on supporting basic human needs. W e provide products and services that improve quality and efficiency in the areas of A ctive L ife, M ealtime S ituation and Digital Care with products such as BikeAround™, Giraff and Bestic®. Camanio Care has it’s headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, subsidiaries in the USA and distributors in ten European countries and also Australia and China. We make the future work.
Read more about us at www.camanio.com and subscribe to our newsletter
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- Loyale Healthcare Announces Expanded Partner Strategy, Promotes Grattan Smith to Lead Effort - February 22, 2018
- Robert J. McKennon and McKennon Law Group PC Receive Top Attorneys Awards - February 22, 2018
- Revived California Plant Celebrates Production of Low-Carbon Biodiesel - February 22, 2018