SAN DIEGO, Nov. 7, 2017 — NewSchool of Architecture & Design (NewSchool) will host Part II of the 2017 WIA|P WIA TALKs, in conjunction with Women In Architecture Palomar Chapter (WIA|P) and the WIA San Diego Chapter (WIA|SD), on Thursday, November 9. The event serves as a follow up speaker panel to the WIA|P Summer Film Fest from August of this year and will be held from 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. on the NewSchool campus, located at 1249 F Street in San Diego.
The upcoming WIA TALK, led by NewSchool faculty member and Architecture Program Chair, Michael Stepner, FAIA, FAICP, will feature a panel of local experts and leaders in architecture, engineering, and sustainable design. The discussion will be centered on what makes a “healthy” urban environment, and specifically how it effects San Diego. The intent of this two-part event is to contribute to the San Diego city-wide discussion and to provide a forum for learning, listening, gaining insights, and offering a contribution to the 2017 California state directive for San Diego, “Building for the Next 1 Million”.
The expert panel of speakers includes:
- Phil Bona, AIA, NCARB, APA, 2017 President of the American Institute of Architects San Diego Chapter
- Marvin J. Malecha, FAIA, President & Chief Academic Officer, New School of Architecture & Design
- Logan Anderson, AIA, DZN Partners
- Bree Wong, SWS Engineering Inc.
- Steven Shinn, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Well AP, Associates
- Frederick Marks, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- Margit Whitlock, AUA, LEED AP, Principal and Creative Director, Architectural Concepts, Inc.
- Michael Stepner, FAIA, FAICP, Architecture Program Chair, NewSchool of Architecture & Design (Moderator)
For more information on NewSchool of Architecture and Design, please visit www.newschoolarch.edu.
About NewSchool of Architecture and Design
Located in San Diego's design district, NewSchool of Architecture & Design prepares students for career success in design fields with an emphasis on human-centered design, including interdisciplinary and global design skills, industry collaborations and real-world projects. Programs include architecture, construction management, product design, media design, and interior architecture & design. NewSchool is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission. NewSchool offers Bachelor and Master of Architecture programs, accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB). One of more than 70 institutions in 25 countries that comprise the Laureate International Universities network, New School prepares students to successfully work in global and diverse organizations. For more information, visit www.newschoolarch.edu.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/newschool-of-architecture–design-to-host-wiap-talks-panel-discussion-focused-on-designing-for-healthy-urbanism-300551536.html
SOURCE NewSchool of Architecture & Design
Latest posts by Sarah Thompson (see all)
- The Sanya Chinese New Year Photo Exhibition Held at Los Angeles, California - February 25, 2018
- Investor Alert: Kaplan Fox Announces Investigation Of Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc. - February 24, 2018
- Democratic Charter Public School Parents and Supporters Rally at the California Democratic Party Convention in San Diego - February 24, 2018