Naturopathic medicine emphasizes prevention and the self-healing process to treat each person holistically and improve health outcomes. Consumers evaluating whether naturopathic medicine is safe should be aware of the following:
- Numerous research studies of naturopathic treatments for common conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, chronic low back pain, and anxiety have shown that naturopathic medicine is both safe and effective.
- Licensed naturopathic doctors complete a rigorous, four-year, in-residence, science-based, post-graduate medical education consisting of 4,100 hours of coursework and clinical training at an accredited naturopathic medical school.
- Medical malpractice insurance rates for naturopathic doctors are among the lowest of any medical services provider.
- Few medical treatments are 100% safe, but some are safer than others.
“With 2.7 million serious adverse reactions to legally prescribed prescription drugs each year, Americans should be cautious when seeking medical treatments and providers,” said Michelle Simon, PhD, ND and Chair of the INM Board of Directors. “Naturopathic doctors follow the Therapeutic Order, a set of guidelines for clinical decision making that offer the greatest benefit to the patient with the least potential for damage. This means that naturopathic doctors begin with minimally invasive therapies aimed at supporting the body, and recommend invasive treatments as a last resort.”
The complete FAQ, “Is naturopathic medicine safe?” can be found here.
About the Institute for Natural Medicine
The Institute for Natural Medicine (INM) is a national not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides public education about naturopathic medicine and increases consumer access to naturopathic doctors. As a close partner to the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, the INM strives to increase consumer and physician choice in safe, effective healthcare that improves patient outcomes and lowers costs. For more information visit www.naturemed.org or call 855-799-4490.
About the AANP
The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians is the professional association that represents licensed naturopathic physicians. The AANP strives to make naturopathic medicine available to every American, and to increase recognition of naturopathic physicians as the identified authorities on natural medicine. Learn more at www.naturopathic.org.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/naturopathic-treatments-for-chronic-conditions-are-safe-and-effective-according-to-numerous-research-studies-300575202.html
SOURCE Institute for Natural Medicine
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- ImmVRse Collaborates With Imperial College to Lead Research on Impact of VR on Neural Activity - February 17, 2018
- St. Louis Music Upgrades 2,000 Sq. Ft. Trade Show Display With Greatmats Carpet Tiles - February 17, 2018
- Having Trouble With Student Loan Repayment Paperwork? Ameritech Financial Provides Assistance - February 17, 2018