The #MakeWaves video challenge is the first event of its kind to provide relevant and actionable tips on video marketing and empower marketing professionals to create outstanding video content.
BOSTON November 15, 2017
wave.video, an online video maker that empowers marketers to create engaging marketing videos, announces a 7-day #MakeWaves video challenge, the world’s first social media video contest. Moderated by Peg Fitzpatrick and judged by key social media thought leaders such as Guy Kawasaki, the challenge invites marketing professionals from around the world to learn how to utilize the power of video marketing, and win relevant prizes.
The challenge activities will include daily instructional videos by Peg Fitzpatrick as well by other contributing experts, created for a particular social media platform, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. The challenge entrants are encouraged to create videos based on Peg Fitzpatrick’s recommendations and post them on the social media channel of the day with the hashtag #MakeWaves.
The videos posted by the challenge entrants will be evaluated by a panel of judges, consisting of renowned social media and marketing influencers, who will select at least 3 daily winners per each day of the challenge. The overall top 3 winners will be chosen by Guy Kawasaki and announced on December 12, 2017. The selection will be based on originality of the content, creativity, and technical excellence. The winning videos will be published on the wave.video/makewaves website.
“We are delighted to bring together the industry’s foremost experts on social media and video marketing to share their knowledge and experience with marketers from all over the world,” said Daniel Glickman, CMO at Animatron, the parent company of wave.video. “The #MakeWaves video challenge is the first event of its kind to provide relevant and actionable tips on video marketing and empower marketing professionals to create outstanding video content.”
The challenge schedule will be as follows:
- Day One – December 4: Instagram Post Square, judge Jeff Sieh, Visual Storyteller and Social Media Consultant;
- Day Two – December 5: YouTube Welcome Video/Channel Trailer, judge Amy Schmittauer Landino, Vlogger and YouTube Influencer;
- Day Three – December 6: Facebook Cover Photo/Video, judge Mari Smith; Premier Facebook Marketing Expert;
- Day Four – December 7: Twitter Video, judge Rebekah Radice; Social Media and Brand Strategist;
- Day Five – December 8: Instagram Story, judge Sue Zimmerman; #TheInstagramExpert
- Day Six – December 9: Facebook Video Ads, judge Kim Garst; Social Media Influencer and Business Consultant;
- Day Seven – December 10: Event/Blog Post Video, judge Andy Crestodina; Content Marketer and Web Strategist;
- Top winner announcement – December 12 by Guy Kawasaki, International Speaker, Author, Advisor, and Tech Evangelist.
The confirmed partners and media sponsors of the #MakeWaves video challenge include Agorapulse, DigitalMarketer, Ninja Outreach, SEMrush, Social Media Examiner, Socially Sorted, Unbounce, Wistia, and more.
Registration is now open for entrants, partners and media sponsors at wave.video/makewaves.
For sponsorship opportunities, please email kate(at)animatron(dot)com.
wave.video is an online video maker that empowers marketers to create engaging marketing videos, perfected for any social media platform. Choose from an extensive library of 2.5 million royalty-free video clips and combine with your own footage, set up a color scheme, fonts, logos and watermarks for your brand, and easily access them every time you want to create a new video. Instantly resize your video to 6 different formats to maximize social media reach. To learn more, please visit wave.video.
Latest posts by Maria Burns (see all)
- Industrial Truck Association Supports the North American Free Trade Agreement - February 22, 2018
- Readyâ€™s New Restaurant Technology Looks to Ease New Minimum Wage and Labour Shortage Pressures in Ontario - February 22, 2018
- IMDb Launches Its First-Ever Skill for Amazon Alexa - February 22, 2018