Colorado Springs, Colo. – Dominican youth will have an opportunity to play with their big league heroes at the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA) Legends for Youth baseball clinic series. The clinic series will feature* former Dominican Republic national baseball team pitcher Yorkis Pérez as well as Francisco Cabrera and Pedro Liriano . These three players combine for 16 seasons and 549 games in Major League Baseball. The clinics and autograph sessions will occur from Thursday , December 21st through Saturday , December 23rd , as listed below.
The clinics will take place in various locations around the Dominican Republic at multiple venues. Clinicians will train at different instructional stations for approximately 200 local youth ages 6 – 16 . The clinics will conclude with an autograph session for children in attendance.
Full Clinic Schedule (All times listed in Atlantic Standard Time):
- Thursday, December 21: Legends for Youth Clinic in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic held at Estadio Olimpico , from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Friday, December 22: Legends for Youth Clinic in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic held at Estadio Olimpico , from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, December 23: Legends for Youth Clinic in Consuelo, Dominican Republic held at Manny Acta Field , from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
*Clinicians subject to change.
About The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA)
MLBPAA was founded in 1982 with the mission of promoting baseball, raising money for charity and protecting the dignity of the game through its Alumni players. The MLBPAA is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO with a membership of more than 7,800, of which approximately 6,100 are Alumni and active players. Alumni players find the MLBPAA to be a vital tool to become involved in charity and community philanthropy. Follow @MLBPAA for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates.
About Legends for Youth Clinics
MLBPAA’s Legends for Youth clinics impact more than 16,000 children each year, allowing them the unique opportunity to interact with and learn from players who have left a lasting impact on the game of baseball. The MLBPAA has reached children across America and internationally in Australia, Canada, China, Curaçao, the Dominican Republic, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, the United Kingdom and Venezuela, through the Legends for Youth clinic series. To donate to this program, visit baseballalumni.com/donate . The official hashtag of the Legends for Youth clinic series is #LFYClinic.
Latest posts by Maria Burns (see all)
- Therap Announces Online User Group via Free Webinar on Tracking Supported Employment Services - February 24, 2018
- Therap Announces Sponsorship of the 2018 Charting the LifeCourse Showcase by UMKC Institute for Human Development - February 24, 2018
- SLCC's Grand Theatre Welcomes Black Panther Cofounder Bobby Seale - February 24, 2018