TEANECK, N.J., Nov. 13, 2017 — Thousands of additional parents in Greater Los Angeles will now have access to an individualized learning program for their preschool to high school aged children. Kumon, the world's largest after-school math and reading program, is expanding in the region with the opening of its third learning center in Garden Grove, California.
There are 149 Kumon Math and Reading Centers in Greater Los Angeles, including 45 in Orange County. The new learning center in Garden Grove is part of Kumon's 2017 expansion plan of opening 100 new centers nationwide.
“Kumon opened its first Garden Grove learning center in 1992 and since then has experienced substantial growth fulfilling the high demand for supplemental learning programs,” said Larry Lambert, vice president of franchise recruitment at Kumon North America. “A great deal of emphasis is placed on education in Orange County and because of that, it's been an ideal location for Kumon's expansion. We look forward to providing even more students in the region with access to an individualized learning program with the opening of Garden Grove-West.”
Kumon's Presence in Greater Los Angeles
- 27,771 subject enrollments at 149 centers
- 31 percent increase in the number of centers in last 10 years
- 55 percent increase in subject enrollments in last 10 years
Kumon's Presence in Orange County
- 8,392 subject enrollments at 45 centers
- 45 percent increase in the number of centers in last 10 years
- 64 percent increase in subject enrollments in last 10 years
The Kumon Method empowers children to become self-learners and is designed to advance math and reading skills while fostering a love for learning. Kumon sparks critical thinking, establishes a pattern of success and builds confidence that can lead to accelerated learning throughout life.
To learn more about the Kumon franchise opportunity, visit kumonfranchise.com.
About the Kumon Franchise Business
Kumon is an ideal small business for professionals. Kumon Franchisees must have a four-year college degree, be proficient in math and reading, have investment capital of $70,000 and a net worth of at least $150,000. Founded in 1958, Kumon has over four million students enrolled in nearly 25,000 learning centers in 50 countries and regions. Kumon North America is headquartered in Teaneck, NJ.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kumon-franchise-expands-in-greater-los-angeles-with-the-opening-of-a-new-math-and-reading-center-in-garden-grove-300554067.html
Latest posts by Sarah Thompson (see all)
- Key Housing Announces New Post about Benefits of San Jose Corporate Apartments for Rent in a Silicon Valley Hot Spot - February 25, 2018
- comScore Announces Official Worldwide Box Office Results for Weekend of February 25, 2018 - February 25, 2018
- California Civil Rights Law Group, a San Francisco Bay Area Discrimination Law Firm, Announces Lawsuit Against Taylor Farms on Behalf of 16 Current & Former Employees - February 25, 2018