The markets for gene therapy have been difficult to estimate as there only a few approved gene therapy products Gene therapy markets are estimated for the years 2016-2026.
The estimates are based on epidemiology of diseases to be treated with gene therapy, the portion of those who will be eligible for these treatments, competing technologies and the technical developments anticipated in the next decades. In spite of some setbacks, the future for gene therapy is bright.The markets for DNA vaccines are calculated separately as only genetically modified vaccines and those using viral vectors are included in the gene therapy markets
Gene therapy technologies are described in detail including viral vectors, nonviral vectors and cell therapy with genetically modified vectors. Gene therapy is an excellent method of drug delivery and various routes of administration as well as targeted gene therapy are described. There is an introduction to technologies for gene suppression as well as molecular diagnostics to detect and monitor gene expression. Gene editing technologies such as CRISPR-Cas9 and CAR-T cell therapies are also included.
Clinical applications of gene therapy are extensive and cover most systems and their disorders. Full chapters are devoted to genetic syndromes, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, neurological disorders and viral infections with emphasis on AIDS. Applications of gene therapy in veterinary medicine, particularly for treating cats and dogs, are included.
Research and development is in progress in both the academic and the industrial sectors. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) of the US is playing an important part. As of 2016, over 2050 clinical trials were completed, were ongoing or had been approved worldwide.A breakdown of these trials is shown according to the geographical areas and applications.
Profiles of 183 companies involved in developing gene therapy are presented along with 245 collaborations.
Key Topics Covered:
Part I: Technologies & Markets
2. Gene Therapy Technologies
3. Clinical Applications of Gene Therapy
4. Gene Therapy of Genetic Disorders
5. Gene Therapy of Cancer
6. Gene Therapy of Neurological Disorders
7. Gene Therapy of Cardiovascular Disorders
8. Gene therapy of viral infections
9. Research, Development and Future of Gene Therapy
10. Regulatory, Safety, Ethical Patent Issues of Gene Therapy
11. Markets for Gene Therapy
Part II: Companies
13. Companies involved in Gene Therapy
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cmmxdw/gene_therapy
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- Envision Financial Systems Sponsors 2018 BISA Annual Convention - February 20, 2018
- Philanthropic Kid's Clothing Retailer Making Huge Impact This St. Patrick's Day - February 20, 2018
- ScoscheÂ® Signs on as Title Sponsor for the GRRRacing 2018 Season - February 20, 2018