NEW YORK, Dec. 21, 2017 — Digital health is a driving force in how healthcare is administered, customized and reimagined. As technology moves forward at lightspeed, the healthcare industry is learning to adapt and harness the advantages offered by innovators who strive to create better provider-patient connections, introduce new cutting-edge digital therapies and ease the stress of managing chronic conditions and providing care for the aging.
The 9th annual Digital Health Summit, presented by Living in Digital Times, returns this year to CES® 2018 with two days of provocative, hard-hitting and inspiring discussions covering today's hot topics in digital health. Digital Health Summit will take place Wednesday, January 10 and Thursday, January 11 at the Venetian, Level 4, Lando 4304. Registration is now open at www.digitalhealthsummit.com.
CES attendees will not want to miss a keynote address by Adam Gazzaley, MD, PhD, on The Future of Brain Optimization. As the Founder and Executive Director of the Neuroscape research center at the University of California-San Francisco, Dr. Gazzaley is a trailblazer in the study of how our brains process information. He will discuss how and why we struggle with interference in our inner and outer worlds, and share a novel approach from his research center which uses custom-designed video games to achieve cognitive enhancement via personalized closed-loop systems and addresses such conditions such as Alzheimer's, ADHD, Autism, PTSD, depression and more. The keynote will kick off the Digital Health Summit on Wednesday, January 10 at 9:00 a.m.
Another can't-miss session brings Dr. Oz back to Digital Health Summit for Sleep Awakens: Consumer's Biggest Brands Wake Up to the Sleep Epidemic. Joining him for an important discussion on the growth in the sleep tech market are speakers from SleepScore Labs, Williams Sonoma, University of Washington and Big Health. The session begins on Thursday, January 11 at 1:35 p.m.
Also highlighting massive growth in sleep tech will be USC's Dr. Raj Dasgupta joined by leadership from Philips and National Jewish Health for The Day Medicine, Science and Tech Built a Better Snooze Button, beginning at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 11.
In addition to these standout sessions, Digital Health Summit will feature a roster of over 75 speakers representing startups and established healthcare providers, pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, physicians, researchers, associations, regulators and other top thought leaders in the caregiving community, sharing their insights on topics such as:
– How technology is making extraordinary impacts on brain health and opening up an exciting frontier in treating some of our greatest healthcare challenges.
– How physicians are using genetics, behavior and lifestyle to match patients with the most effective treatments for them.
– The changing role of cutting-edge technologies, like AI, VR and biometric sensing, in medical training, patient care and personal health management.
– How highly-sensitive, AI-powered, clinical-grade diagnostics and wearables are being used for early disease detection, personalized treatment and prevention.
– The hurdles the healthcare industry faces in addressing regulation, privacy, business models, reimbursement and the ever-looming changes to the ACA.
– How blockchain processes — decentralized, accessible, and cryptographically protected — may offer the digital solutions that healthcare has been seeking to managing data.
– How the pharmaceuticals industry is embracing technology to produce better monitoring and results for patients.
“Since last year's Digital Health Summit, so much has shifted and progressed in healthcare technology. It can be hard to keep up, which is why this gathering of some of the most brilliant and innovative minds in the business is so vital to what healthcare looks like in 2018,” said Jill Gilbert, producer of the Digital Health Summit. “This year's summit will explore key topics that are heavy on the minds of healthcare professionals, business leaders and tech innovators, starting discussions that we hope will extend far beyond the two days we spend together.”
In addition to the summit, CES attendees can get a first-hand look at the latest digital health products at the four-day corresponding Health & Wellness and Sleep Tech Marketplaces starting Tuesday, January 9 at CES 2018, Tech West within the Sands Expo, Level 2, Halls A-C.
Keep up on the latest news from Digital Health Summit by following @DHSummit on Twitter. Join the conversation online with hashtag #DigitalHealthCES.
About Living in Digital Times
Founded by veteran technology journalist Robin Raskin, Living in Digital Times brings together the most knowledgeable leaders and the latest innovations impacting both technology and lifestyle. It helps companies identify and act on emerging trends, create compelling company narratives, and do better business through strong network connections. Living in Digital Times produces technology conferences, exhibits and events at CES and other locations throughout the year by lifestyle verticals. Core brands include Digital Health Summit, Digital Money Forum, FitnessTech, Baby Tech, [email protected], Family Tech Summit, FamilyTech TV, Beauty Tech, Wearables and FashionWare runway show, Last Gadget Standing and the KAPi Awards. The company also works with various foundations and manages the Young Innovators to Watch awards recognizing student STEAM innovations. For more information, visit www.LivinginDigitalTimes.com and keep up with our latest news on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook.
CES® is the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years-the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. As the largest hands-on event of its kind, CES features all aspects of the industry. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)TM, it attracts the world's business leaders and pioneering thinkers. Check out CES video highlights. Follow CES online at CES.tech and on social.
LKPR, Inc. for Living in Digital Times
646-484-4577, 603-494-3295 (mobile)
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/from-sleep-health-to-personalized-healthcare-and-beyond-see-how-technology-is-shaking-up-medicine-at-the-digital-health-summit-at-ces-2018-january-10-11-300574461.html
SOURCE Living in Digital Times
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- Steven Neil Frank, PhD, Presented with the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award by Marquis Who's Who - February 19, 2018
- Be Part of the Bee Cause Public Art Project - February 19, 2018
- Mesothelioma Victims Center Now Urges A Navy Veteran or Marine Mechanic with Mesothelioma-Nationwide to Call for Direct Access to The Top Lawyers for Much Better Compensation Results - February 19, 2018