CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Nov. 15, 2017 — While customer experience (CX) quality did not improve in the retail industry this year, Forrester's US 2017 Customer Experience Index (CX Index™) reveals that competition was tight for digital-only retailers. According to new data released today, the top three online retailers were ranked within fractions of a point of each other.
Based on a survey of nearly 120,000 US online adult consumers, Forrester's CX Index measures and ranks more than 300 US brands across 21 industries to identify how well a brand's customer experience strengthens the loyalty of its customers. Of the 314 US brands ranked in 2017, 14 online retail brands were analyzed to determine how customers perceive their experiences and how CX drives loyalty.
Key findings include that:
- Etsy is ranked the number one digital-only retailer in 2017. While its CX Index score did not increase, it jumped up from its fifth-place ranking last year due other top competitors' scores sliding this year – including the top two brands from 2016's rankings falling one spot each.
- Average CX quality fell flat, with online retail scores decreasing by a single point this year. Though scores changed only minimally, brand rankings completely shuffled: the digital-only retail industry is the only industry where no brands kept the same position in the ranking as last year.
- The top emotions that drive customer loyalty in digital-only retail are feeling confident, delighted and happy. In fact, unlike the other industries in the CX Index, feeling happy correlated with loyalty only for online retailers. Among customers who felt happy, 85% plan to spend more and 88% will advocate for the brand, which are the highest percentages across all industries for enrichment and advocacy.
Contact us to learn more about how Forrester's CX Index can help your business.
About Forrester's CX Index
Forrester's CX Index is the most complete and powerful CX tool in the market today. The CX Index gives businesses a deep and actionable understanding of the quality of their customers' experiences, competitive benchmark data so that business and technology leaders know how they stack up against their peers, and the ability to model the improvements that will have the biggest impact on revenue.
For more information, please visit http://forr.com/cxindex.
Forrester (Nasdaq: FORR) is one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. We work with business and technology leaders to develop customer-obsessed strategies that drive growth. Forrester's unique insights are grounded in annual surveys of more than 675,000 consumers and business leaders worldwide, rigorous and objective methodologies, and the shared wisdom of our most innovative clients. Through proprietary research, data, custom consulting, exclusive executive peer groups, and events, the Forrester experience is about a singular and powerful purpose: to challenge the thinking of our clients to help them lead change in their organizations.
Jenna Vassallo, 617-613-5746
Public Relations Manager
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/forresters-us-2017-customer-experience-index-reveals-complete-rankings-of-14-online-retail-brands-300556877.html
Latest posts by Maria Burns (see all)
- Hudbay Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Results - February 21, 2018
- Global Automotive Fuel Hose Market Top Players 2018 â€“ DuPont, Continental, Manuli, Parker Hannifin, Gates Corporation - February 21, 2018
- Solis Tek Appoints Tiffany Davis as Chief Operating Officer - February 21, 2018