WASHINGTON, Nov. 16, 2017 — Fannie Mae (OTC Bulletin Board: FNMA) proudly announced it received a perfect score of 100 percent on the 2018 Corporate Equality Index (CEI). The national benchmarking survey and report, calculated by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation, ranks corporate policies and practices related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) workplace equality. The honor marks Fannie Mae's fourth consecutive year earning a perfect score on the CEI.
“Greater inclusiveness makes Fannie Mae stronger and helps us better see, serve, and listen to our diverse range of customers and partners across America.” said Timothy J. Mayopoulos, President and Chief Executive Officer, Fannie Mae. “We are extremely proud to be recognized by the HRC Foundation for the strides our organization continues to make in ensuring we are all working in a culture that enables all employees to be fully engaged and feel respected and valued for who they are.”
Fannie Mae's commitment to supporting Diversity & Inclusion is shown both inside and outside of the company:
- Fannie Mae offers 12 employee resource groups that encourage professional development, cultural awareness, and community services to give employees of all backgrounds and interests a chance to connect, learn, and grow as they support the organization's important work.
- In 2017, Fannie Mae joined 330 CEOs from the world's largest companies and business organizations in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge to advance diversity and inclusive excellence in the workplace.
- Fannie Mae has received accolades from a number of organizations for strides made in advancing Diversity & Inclusion. Some of the most recent recognitions have come from Black Enterprise, Latina Style, HousingWire, the MReport, and National Business Inclusion Consortium.
Fannie Mae is among 947 rated in this year's report. The company is one of 609 to receive a 100 percent ranking and the designation as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality. CEI evaluates LGBTQ-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs, and public engagement with the LGBTQ community.
To view the complete 2018 Corporate Equality Index report, visit www.hrc.org/cei.
To learn more about Fannie Mae's most recent awards and achievements, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/portal/about-fm/awards-achievements.html.
Fannie Mae helps make the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage and affordable rental housing possible for millions of Americans. We partner with lenders to create housing opportunities for families across the country. We are driving positive changes in housing finance to make the home buying process easier, while reducing costs and risk. To learn more, visit fanniemae.com and follow us on twitter.com/fanniemae.
SOURCE Fannie Mae
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- Steven Neil Frank, PhD, Presented with the Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award by Marquis Who's Who - February 19, 2018
- Be Part of the Bee Cause Public Art Project - February 19, 2018
- Mesothelioma Victims Center Now Urges A Navy Veteran or Marine Mechanic with Mesothelioma-Nationwide to Call for Direct Access to The Top Lawyers for Much Better Compensation Results - February 19, 2018