MILPITAS, Calif.–Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI), a global leader in advanced high-efficiency zero emissions hybrid and electric drivetrain solutions today announced the integration of the EDI PowerDrive™ 7000 electric drivetrain and EDI PowerSuite™ vehicle control software into a Blue Bird Type C Bus at the annual National Association for Pupil Transit Industry Event.
The new Vision Type C bus will be offered by Blue Bird beginning in 2018, and integrates the Efficient Drivetrains EDI PowerDrive™ EV drivetrain system and EDI PowerSuite™ vehicle control software and telematics, delivering zero-emissions driving, with the expected full OEM power performance of its traditional counterpart. The Type C bus features up to 100 miles of all electric range, full charge time of under 8 hours with standard charging infrastructure, and available battery capacities of 100-150kWh. The announcement follows a recent unveil of a Blue Bird Type D All American RE bus electrified with the same EDI PowerDrive™7000 EV system at the STN tradeshow in July of this year.
Efficient Drivetrains has a long-standing history in electrification of buses. EDI has integrated its EDI PowerDrive™ technology into several models of buses across North America and China. The EDI PowerDrive™ technology has surpassed over 2.5 million miles in a commercial fleet setting of city buses deployed in rural and city routes.
- Efficient Drivetrains has integrated the EDI PowerDrive™ 7000 EV drivetrain and EDI PowerSuite™ Vehicle Control software into a Blue Bird Vision Type C bus.
- Blue Bird previously unveiled an electric Type D All American rear engine (RE) school bus featuring the EDI PowerDrive™ 7000 EV at the STN tradeshow in July of 2017
- Efficient Drivetrains has long standing history in electrification of buses-integrating its EDI PowerDrive™ technology into several models of buses in North America and China. The EDI PowerDrive™ has surpassed over 2.5 million miles in a commercial fleet setting of city buses deployed in rural and city routes.
- Electric school buses provide fleet operators with the benefits of zero-emissions driving, clean-air for its students and the surrounding community, and significantly reduced fuel and maintenance costs.
“EDI is pleased to have been selected to collaborate with Blue Bird and their partner Adomani in the development of their latest Type C electric bus. The industry at large is making notable strides in offering zero-emissions alternatives, and we look forward to the growth of electric as a primary fuel-source.
-Joerg Ferchau, CEO, Efficient Drivetrains, Inc.
About Efficient Drivetrains:
Efficient Drivetrains, Inc. (EDI) develops and markets a range of state-of-the-art PHEV and EV drivetrain solutions worldwide. EDI’s leading-edge hybrid-electric drivetrain systems and technologies enable OEMs to meet zero-emissions requirements while providing significant cost and efficiency advantages for parallel and series hybrid, and electric drivetrain architectures across nearly all platform classes and configurations. EDI is active in commercial automotive projects throughout North America and the APAC region. Visit www.efficientdrivetrains.com for more information.
Latest posts by Maria Burns (see all)
- Global Lawful Interception Market – Introduction of Next-Generation Networks to Boost Growth | Technavio - February 22, 2018
- Industrial Fractionating Columns Market – Growth in Global Refinery Capacity to Boost Demand | Technavio - February 22, 2018
- Global Consumer Smart Wearables Market 2017- Samsung, Jawbone, Misfit, Polar, Moto, Huawei, BBK, Lifesense, Razer - February 22, 2018