Participating in crowdfunding donation drives is an engaging new way to amplify the urgency and necessity of breast cancer research and tap into a broader network of donors. This is the type of innovation that forges the bold research projects that Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation is widely known for:
• A collaboration with NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory to construct a 3D map of the female breast ductal system (where breast cancer starts) to understand, identify and prevent breast cancer from happening while also making recommendations for more productive breast surgery options.
• Launched testing of a hand-held ultrasound triage system that uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Guadalajara and Tijuana, Mexico, to assess the possible malignancy of palpable breast lumps.
• Partnership with the National Cancer Institute to analyze data collected from The Health of Women Study® which could give hence as to causes of breast cancer and identify what needs to be studied.
• Launched the Commit to Love campaign as a part of an on going, nationwide effort to inspire and increase the number of women of color enrolled in breast cancer research studies within the Army of Women®.
“Our highest priority is research that is fearless and outside the norm,” says Chief Visionary Officer, Dr. Susan Love. “Donations of all sizes empower the innovative research that answers the questions of what causes breast cancer in women and how we can prevent it.”
To support Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation in winning the GIVE Los Angeles Challenge visit drsusanloveresearch.org.
ABOUT DR. SUSAN LOVE RESEARCH FOUNDATION
Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation is dedicated to mobilizing a future without breast cancer by igniting visionary, collaborative research, and a distinctive approach to education. The Foundation makes innovative breast cancer research possible by generating bold ideas and enlisting the best experts, both inside and outside of the field of cancer research, to understand the complex nature of breast cancer, and the experience of those impacted by the disease. Its approach to education reflects an understanding of the patient, the doctor and research advances, ensuring that everyone has the knowledge to be their own health advocate.
Learn more at DrSusanLoveResearch.org, and connect with the Foundation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
ABOUT LOS ANGELES MAGAZINE
monthly publication dedicated to covering Los Angeles. Founded in 1961, the magazine is currently owned and published by Hour Media Group, LLC. Los Angeles magazine's combination of feature writing, investigative reporting, service journalism, and design has earned the publication three National Magazine Awards. The magazine covers people, lifestyle, culture, entertainment, fashion, art and architecture, and news.
CrowdRise is the world’s largest and fastest growing online platform dedicated exclusively to charitable fundraising. CrowdRise is used by millions of individuals, tens of thousands of charities, hundreds of companies and many of the most famous artists and athletes in the world to creatively leverage their resources and networks to unlock the power of the crowd to support positive social missions and create massive impact. Founded by actor Edward Norton, film producer Shauna Robertson and Robert and Jeffrey Wolfe, CrowdRise has conceived, implemented, and powered campaigns that have raised hundreds of millions of dollars to date.
Latest posts by Sarah Thompson (see all)
- Altitude Trampoline Park Vista Hosting its Grand Opening Celebration - February 22, 2018
- Bank of the West Wealth Management Launches Voice of Wealth, a New App Focused on News and Market Insights - February 22, 2018
- The Pico Union Project Present Naked - February 22, 2018