LOS ANGELES, Nov. 14, 2017 — Black Angus Steakhouse, the original American steakhouse, announced today the launch of its “Season of Giving” campaign with No Kid Hungry and new seasonal menu items. Starting today through Jan. 15, 2018, Black Angus Steakhouse will donate $1 to No Kid Hungry for every dine-in purchase of the braised short ribs, its all-new menu addition.
One in six children in America struggle with hunger. That's 13 million children who cannot count on their next meal. Every $1 donated to No Kid Hungry can provide up to 10 healthy meals to children in need.
“We are thrilled to launch this campaign at Black Angus to support No Kid Hungry and work together to help end childhood hunger in America,” said Chris Ames, chief executive officer, Black Angus Steakhouse. “All of us at Black Angus feel strongly about giving back to our community, and No Kid Hungry is a great cause to support. We encourage our customers to support No Kid Hungry and give our children a brighter future.”
Funds raised will support No Kid Hungry's efforts to connect hungry children to effective nutrition programs; help identify and break down the barriers to accessing meals; and teach low-income families how to stretch their food budgets while cooking healthy, affordable meals.
“We are excited to team up with Black Angus in the effort to end child hunger,” said Diana Hovey, senior vice president, No Kid Hungry. “This campaign has connected kids with over 775 million meals and with the help of Black Angus Steakhouse, we can make no kid hungry a reality in the US.”
Black Angus' new dishes and cocktails feature seasonal flavors that embrace the holiday spirit, also available now through Jan. 15.
The new menu items include:
- Braised Short Ribs – Tender beef short ribs braised in a rich Cabernet Sauvignon wine sauce and topped with a tangy gremolata of chopped parsley, garlic and lemon zest. Served over creamy mashed potatoes with one Classic Sidekick and sweet molasses bread
- White Chocolate Cheesecake – On a buttery graham cracker crust, topped with preserved cranberries, strawberry purée and kissed with velvety buttercream frosting
- Orange Pomegranate Sparkler – Ice-cold Stolichnaya Vodka mixed with orange, pomegranate and lemon juices, topped with champagne and garnished with house-made preserved cranberries
- Mionetto Prosecco – Holiday bubbles, with a golden apple and peach aroma and a clean, dry finish
- Cranberry-Blueberry Seltzer – Light, refreshing soda with a splash of cranberry juice, blueberry and fresh lemon
About Black Angus Steakhouse
Black Angus Steakhouse has been mastering its craft since it was founded in Washington in 1964. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Black Angus has 44 locations across California, Washington, Arizona, New Mexico, Alaska and Hawaii. The restaurants pay homage to its Western cattle rancher roots, but offer the finest Certified Angus Beef® and USDA Choice steaks and burgers, in addition to seafood, salads, sides and desserts for the entire family. The Bulls Eye Bar serves a robust menu of craft beer, wine and hand-crafted cocktails. More information is available online at BlackAngus.com or follow Black Angus on Facebook or Twitter @BASteakhouse.
About No Kid Hungry
No child should go hungry in America, but 1 in 6 kids will face hunger this year. Using proven, practical solutions, No Kid Hungry is ending childhood hunger today by ensuring that kids start the day with a nutritious breakfast, eat healthy summer meals, and families learn the skills they need to shop and cook on a budget. When we all work together, we can make sure kids get the healthy food they need. No Kid Hungry is a campaign of national anti-hunger organization Share Our Strength. Join us at NoKidHungry.org.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dine-out-at-black-angus-steakhouse-to-help-end-childhood-hunger-in-america-300555223.html
SOURCE Black Angus Steakhouse
Latest posts by Sarah Thompson (see all)
- Virtual Reality, Speech Recognition, Paralympians All Featured at Abilities Expo - February 19, 2018
- Coveo Recognized Amongst Best-of-the-Best Professional Services Organizations - February 19, 2018
- WWE Survivor SeriesÂ® Tickets Available Friday, March 16 - February 19, 2018