NORWALK, Conn., Nov. 9, 2017 — Diageo North America, a global leader in beverage alcohol, announced that it has received a perfect score of 100 percent on the 2018 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation.
Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ employees, this is the tenth consecutive year Diageo has earned a perfect score on the HRC index.
“We are proud to be recognized for our efforts to foster a work environment that enables our LGBTQ employees to be their authentic selves every day,” said Alessandra Ginante, Executive Vice President of Human Resources for Diageo North America. “Celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive environment for everyone is at the core of Diageo's values.”
The 2018 CEI rated nearly 1,000 businesses in the report, which evaluates LGBTQ-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs and public engagement with the LGBTQ community. Diageo's efforts in satisfying all of the CEI's criteria results in a 100 percent ranking and the designation as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality.
Diageo has been an early and active supporter of equal rights of all people, and was recently one of 76 major companies representing 1.1 million workers to sign the Human Rights Campaign's amicus brief supporting equality and LGBTQ in the workplace.
The HRC recognition is part of a growing list of honors Diageo has earned for its commitment to diversity and inclusion. Additional recent honors include:
- Diversity MBA's 2017 “50 Out Front for Diversity Leadership” list of the best places for women and diverse managers to work for the sixth consecutive year.
- Working Mother Magazine's “100 Best Companies” for the ninth consecutive year.
- Best Places to Work for New Dads Report by Fatherly (2016).
- Top 50 Companies for Executive Women by National Association of Female Executives (NAFE): (2010, 2012-2017)
- Great Place to Work® Top 25 Best Global Companies (2014-2017)
Diageo is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands including Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, Bulleit and Buchanan's whiskies, Smirnoff, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Diageo is listed on both the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DEO) and the London Stock Exchange (LSE: DGE) and our products are sold in more than 180 countries around the world. For more information about Diageo, our people, our brands, and performance, visit us at www.diageo.com. Visit Diageo's global responsible drinking resource, www.DRINKiQ.com, for information, initiatives, and ways to share best practice. Follow us on Twitter for news and information about Diageo North America: @Diageo_NA.
Celebrating life, every day, everywhere.
About Human Rights Campaign Foundation
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation is the educational arm of America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual transgender and queer people. HRC envisions a world where LGBTQ people are embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
For more information on the 2018 Corporate Equality Index, or to download a free copy of the report, visit www.hrc.org/cei.
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- 2018 Southern California Fiduciary Summit Highlights Retirement Plan Best Practices - February 22, 2018
- Pivot Pharma Announces Letter of Intent for Proposed Acquisition of Agro-Biotech, a QuÃ©bec-based ACMPR Licensed Producer - February 22, 2018
- Town Sports International Holdings, Inc. to Acquire Total Woman Gym and Spa - February 22, 2018