COLUMBIA, SC, November 08, 2017 — Capital Waste Services, the leading residential, commercial, and industrial waste services company in South Carolina, is pleased to host an important anti-bullying community building effort on November 14th at 10 a.m. at Richland Two Institute of Innovation. On the heels of National Bullying Prevention Month, this event will feature an esteemed list of pro sports athletes as guest speakers who will engage in an open dialogue with students about bullying, cyberbullying, prevention, and resources.
Pro Sports Figures in attendance will be:
1. Dan Marino – Pro Football Hall of Famer
2. George Rogers – Heisman Trophy Winner and one of the best Carolina Gamecock football players of all time
3. Jim Stuckey – Two-time Super Bowl winner and All American Football Player from Clemson University
4. Ray Tanner – Two-time NCAA Baseball Champion, Athletic Director of University of South Carolina
“As a company that services countless families, schools, and businesses in the region, we saw a fantastic opportunity to huddle up with some inspirational sports figures and do our part to help clean up bullying in our schools and communities,” said Matt Parker, President, Capital Waste Services. “Dan, George, Jim, and Ray are going to share their own life experiences both on and off the field to let kids know they are not alone, help them deal with bullying and cyberbullying, and teach them how to tackle this problem head on.”
Guest speakers will lead the discussion toward helping kids identify bullying behavior, understand the devastating effects it can have on others, and learn what they can do about it in their own schools and communities.
Attendees will also be able to ask questions and engage with the athletes on a personal level. Nearly 500 students, faculty, staff, and administration will be in attendance.
“According to national statistics, South Carolina ranks among the top 10 states in the nation with the worst bullying problem. We want to change those statistics and move the ball in the opposite direction. To know better is to do better, so education is key. Kids need to learn early that bullies really never do win,” added Parker.
About Capital Waste Services
Capital Waste Services is a Columbia-based waste services company that provides Residential, Commercial, and Industrial waste collection, disposal, and recycling services in the Midlands of South Carolina. The company serves more than 24,000 homes and nearly 2,000 businesses and government offices. As a community-minded business, Capital Waste Services is dedicated to providing the very best service to its customers. For more information, visit http://capwasteservices.com.
Latest posts by Maria Burns (see all)
- Solis Tek Appoints Tiffany Davis as Chief Operating Officer - February 21, 2018
- Global Bullet Cameras Market 2018: Major Key players/Manufacturers- Axis, Honeywell, Canon, Sony, FLIR, Hikvision, Panasonic, Vaddio - February 21, 2018
- Future Innovations in-Depth: Calcium Acetylacetonate Market by Leading Key Players - February 21, 2018