BOSTON, Dec. 21, 2017 — Enhanced park assist systems are now being developed to enable the vehicle to park itself without requiring the driver to be present in the cabin. First deployments of remote park assist aim to park the vehicle where there is insufficient room for the driver to open the door. Future deployments will add further autonomy to enable the vehicle to park itself without requiring driver supervision. The latter comes after the recent announcement of the collaboration between park assist vendor Valeo and parking infrastructure vendor Cisco.
The Strategy Analytics report, “Advanced Park Assist Systems: An Early Application of Autonomous Driving“, looks at the system requirements in new park assist applications, development activity and the market forces driving future demand.
Click here for the report: http://bit.ly/2krZL1T
With the arrival of autonomous driving applications, such as highway cruise control, developments of new advanced park assist systems will realize further benefits from autonomy. They include:
- The parking of larger, modern vehicles in small, unchanged parking spaces and thus enhances driver confidence and lowers insurance cost;
- The vehicle to drive itself to an available parking space and thus enhances convenience to the driver and reduces fuel consumption, harmful emissions and traffic congestion; and
- To enable more vehicles to be parked in the same area and thus raises efficiency in parking operations and maximizes revenue for operators.
As well as higher cost, there are many challenges facing these new automotive applications. They include the positioning of the enabled vehicle within the parking facility and the possibility that other vehicles can park in the designated space, from which enabled vehicles could endlessly search for other spaces. Kevin Mak, Senior Analyst at the Automotive Practice of Strategy Analytics, said, “This shows how important the recent collaboration with a parking infrastructure vendor is, if autonomous park assist systems are to be commercialized.”
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com
US Contact: Ed Sanchez, +1 617 614 0717, [email protected]
European Contact: Kevin Mak, +44(0) 1908 423 644, [email protected]
China Contact: Kevin Li, +86 186 0110 3697, [email protected]
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/autonomy-enters-park-assist-systems-to-raise-convenience-and-parking-efficiency-300574475.html
SOURCE Strategy Analytics
Latest posts by Sarah Thompson (see all)
- Ezaki Glico to Announce the Acquisition of American Chocolate Manufacturing Company, TCHO Ventures, Inc. - February 20, 2018
- Richard E. Mikels, Attorney, Pachulski Stang Ziehl and Jones LLP to Speak at Post-Confirmation Liquidation and Litigation Trusts in Business Bankruptcies - February 20, 2018
- Dashbot and Recime Announce Partnership to Offer Analytics to Enterprise Chatbots - February 20, 2018