Not only will we put capital to work from our Catalyst Fund, but we will provide access to really high quality investment opportunities for individuals and family offices looking for alpha in their investment portfolio.
SEATTLE December 15, 2017
Healthcare-focused investment platform, AngelMD, announced today a new conference bringing together investors, healthcare, and technology leaders as well as select startups for an invitation-only event. Alpha is designed to inspire, educate, and foster increased investment in leading medical startups from around the world. The event is being held at the Westin Verasa in Napa January 5 and 6, 2018.
“We are excited to provide a unique investment event that mirrors the objective of AngelMD – facilitating better outcomes for investors,” said Tobin Arthur, founder and CEO of AngelMD. “Every year at JP Morgan we are asked to produce an event that mirrors the education and investment activity that occurs on AngelMD. Alpha is designed to do just that. Through support from terrific sponsors like Insperity and Innovation Platform Capital (IPC), we are assembling world-class speakers, hand-picked investor guests, and a very select group of startups. In addition to the content and investment activity the event facilitates, attendees will be treated to amazing wine-centric experiences and networking.”
As the industry leader in early-stage healthcare investing, AngelMD has pulled together a mix of speakers that will educate and inspire attendees to kick off 2018. Just a few of the speakers include:
- Basil Peters – Author of Early Exits, angel and venture investor
- Matthew Collier – Sr. Managing Director, Global Head of Healthcare Strategic Consulting at Accenture
- Geoffery Ling, MD – Former head of DARPA’s biological technologies and current CEO of Sun-Q
- Dr. Billy Cohn – Director, J&J Center for Device Innovation and one of the leading innovators in cardiovascular surgery
- Ted DellaVecchio – former CIO of Wellpoint, Starbucks and Capital Blue Cross and a leading expert in digital health
In addition to the educational component of the event, the AngelMD Catalyst Fund opened submissions from startups looking to raise capital. From several hundred applications, six companies will be selected for investment from Catalyst Fund LP 1 and each will have a syndicate opened empowering the startup to accept individual investors from their own network and the AngelMD membership.
“We are always humbled by the quality of startups in our network,” said Jens Francis, Chief Investment Officer of AngelMD. “Not only will we put capital to work from our Catalyst Fund, but we will provide access to really high quality investment opportunities for individuals and family offices looking for alpha in their investment portfolio.”
Based in Seattle, AngelMD is redefining early stage healthcare investing taking it from a completely analog and amateur endeavor to one that is more digital, informed by data and leverages the strength of its growing network of experts. The platform connects medical startups, physicians, investors and industry with the goal of better outcomes. AngelMD enables medical startups to create profiles on their site and develop exposure with potential investors, customers and acquirers. Web site: http://www.angelmd.co/
Visit the conference website for more information on the conference or to request an invitation: http://www.alphatheconference.com/
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- New Home Ground Breaking for Habitat for Humanity & G.J. Gardner Homes - February 20, 2018
- SilverSun Technologies Recognized for Excellence in Managed IT Services - February 20, 2018
- GreenPower Receives Order for Two Synapse 72 All-Electric School Buses - February 20, 2018