BRIDGEWATER, N.J., Dec. 20, 2017 — Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC has launched sevelamer carbonate tablets, 800 mg, in 270-count bottles. The Amneal generic is an AB-rated therapeutic equivalent to Renvela®. Moving annual total U.S. sales of Renvela and its generic equivalent were $1.8 billion according to October 2017 IQVIA™ market data.
Amneal recently launched five other products in addition to sevelamer carbonate:
- Progesterone Capsules, AB-rated equivalent to Prometrium® in 100 mg and 200 mg strengths
- Bumetanide Tablets, USP, AB-rated to Bumex®, in 0.5 mg, 1 mg and 2 mg strengths
- Ezetimibe and Simvastatin Tablets, an AB-rated generic for Vytorin® in four strengths
- Clonidine HCl Extended-Release Tablets, AB1-rated to Kapvay® in 0.1 mg strength
- Triamcinolone Acetonide Injectable Suspension, USP in 40 mg/mL strength
Bringing these six products to market takes the total number of 2017 Amneal launches to 32, with more planned before year-end.
“Our approval and launch of sevelamer carbonate tablets is yet another example of Amneal's commitment to successfully provide complex pharmaceutical products to the US market,” said Jim Luce, Amneal Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing. “Our pipeline continues to grow with more than 132 ANDAs filed and another 140 in development.”
Please click below for full safety and prescribing information including boxed warning for:
Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC, a privately-held company headquartered in Bridgewater, New Jersey, is one of the largest and the fastest growing generics pharmaceutical manufacturers in the United States. Founded in 2002, Amneal now has more than 5,000 employees in North America, Asia and Europe, working together to bring high-quality affordable medicines to patients worldwide. Amneal has significantly expanded its portfolio of generic products to include complex dosage forms in a broad range of therapeutic areas. For more information, visit www.amneal.com.
All trademarks listed in this release are property of their respective owners.
Jim Luce (sales)
Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Apurva Saraf (business development)
VP- Global Strategy & Corporate Development
+1 (908) 947 3740
Cheryl Lechok (media)
President, Cheryl Lechok Communications
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/amneal-brings-generic-for-renvela-to-market-and-starts-december-strong-with-six-product-launches-300573855.html
SOURCE Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC
Latest posts by Sarah Thompson (see all)
- Home Design Website Homeluf.com Releases Latest Blog Post, Assessing Tankless Water Heaters And Offering Ratings And Buying Guide - February 17, 2018
- Tax Season Tips Shared By National Debt Relief - February 17, 2018
- Charles M. Schulz – Sonoma County Airport (STS) Celebrates 1st Anniversary of American Airlines Service - February 17, 2018