PHILADELPHIA November 17, 2017
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Philadelphia Marathon has announced Dunkin’ Donuts as the sponsor of what is now called the Dunkin’ Munchkins Run.
That’s right; kids can have the best time of their lives, too—even if they’re not being timed. The Dunkin' Munchkins Runs, short-distance, non-competitive events for kids of all ages, focus on the enjoyable sport of running. They encourage families to discover the fundamentals of fitness. The goal of the run is to provide a positive experience that will encourage the young to be active and physically fit.
The Dunkin’ Munchkins Run activities include:
- Family Fun Activities – Pre-race activities kick off at 11 a.m. and include face painting, caricature and balloon artists, games, and more.
- Dashes (Children ages 3 to 12) – The Dunkin' Munchkins Run activities will include a series of short-distance dashes, beginning at Noon. Each age group will have a separate race with age-appropriate distances. Participants will receive special goodies and giveaways.
- Mile and Half Mile Fun Run (Children ages 6 to 12) – Mile and Half Mile races will begin immediately following the Dashes. Participants will get the thrill of running on the AACR Philadelphia Marathon course and cross the same finish line as our marathoners. Participants will receive a finisher medal and t-shirt.
Upon completion of the Dunkin' Munchkins Runs, children will be led into the holding area. Once inside, they will be presented with their finisher’s medals. At that point, children will be escorted to their parents by a volunteer who will take them to the opening in the holding area barricades.
For more information about the Dunkin’ Munchkins Runs and for information on how to sign up, please visit: https://philadelphiamarathon.com/kids-fun-run-information.
About Dunkin’ Donuts:
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned a No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for 11 years running. The company has more than 12,400 restaurants in 46 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit http://www.DunkinDonuts.com.
About the AACR Philadelphia Marathon:
The AACR Philadelphia Marathon weekend welcomes nearly 30,000 runners, 60,000 spectators, and 3,000 volunteers each year. Race Weekend 2017 features the AACR Philadelphia Marathon on Sunday, November 19; the Dietz & Watson Half Marathon, Rothman Institute 8K and Dunkin’ Munchkins Fun Run on Saturday, November 18; and a free two-day Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, November 17 and Saturday, November 18. Race participants pass many of Philadelphia's famous attractions on the swift and scenic USATF-certified course, which is a Boston qualifier. Take the first step to experiencing 26.2 miles of fun, beauty, history and excitement by registering at https://philadelphiamarathon.com.
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- Robert J. McKennon and McKennon Law Group PC Receive Top Attorneys Awards - February 22, 2018
- Revived California Plant Celebrates Production of Low-Carbon Biodiesel - February 22, 2018
- Mesothelioma Victims Center Now Offers Instant Access to The Nation's Top Compensation Lawyers for Better Financial Settlement for a Remodeling or Demolition Construction Worker With Mesothelioma - February 22, 2018