WPS Office Software, a leading office productivity suite for PC and mobile devices, today released â€œA Guide to Effective Communications in Todayâ€™s Digital World.â€� The new guide describes how technology has impacted our methods of communication, and offers protocols and etiquette tips for communicating within digital parameters.
Specifically, some of the key themes explored include:
- How technology has fundamentally changed how we communicate, making us not only able to communicate faster and more cost-effectively with a different style, but also giving us access to more information and greater choices in how we connect with others.
- Todayâ€™s digital productivity tools can help us work more efficiently with colleagues inside and outside the office, improving team collaboration.
- Our etiquette around communicating has evolved to such a degree that we need to know how to distinguish between what we say (and donâ€™t say) when weâ€™re on email versus texting, instant messaging, or using social media.
- Context matters when determining whether we should use proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuation as opposed to Internet slang or shorthand.
- Social media and slang terms actually may be contributing to a more rapid evolution of our language, allowing us to make our points faster with fewer words while drawing from a wider, ever-expanding vocabulary list of innovative options.
- Communications protocols represent the technical side of our multiple devicesâ€™ ability to communicate with each other, allowing us to be networked and perpetually looped in.
â€œToday we have what can feel like limitless options for interacting with each other, across multiple channels,â€� said Megan Sharar, Senior Director, Marketing, WPS Office. â€œWith this guide, we wanted to take a look at how new digital tools are changing the way in which we communicate and offer suggestions that help people use these tools and connect with each other in the most effective way. It reflects our own commitment to facilitate collaboration among individuals and organizations through software that makes interacting through office apps and documents as easy and seamless as possible.â€�
Download A Guide to Effective Communications in Todayâ€™s Digital World
Tweet this: @WPS Releases Guide on How Technology has Impacted Communication, Offers Tips for Most Effective Interaction
About WPS Office Software
Palo Alto-based WPS Office is a leading provider of office software for PC, mobile, and cloud users. With more than 1.2 billion installs, WPS Office is a high performing, yet considerably more affordable office software solution that is recognized as a preferred alternative to MicrosoftÂ® Office and fully compatible and comparable to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. The WPS Office software suite is available for Windows and Linux-based PCs as well as Android and iOS. WPS Office Software is a subsidiary of Kingsoft Corporation, Chinaâ€™s leading Internet services and software company.
More information can be found at https://www.wps.com/
Follow us on Twitter @WPS_Office and Facebookï¼ˆhttps://www.facebook.com/kingsoftwpsï¼‰
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- Dam Disasters Prompt Scrutiny of Infrastructure Spending; IPC Addresses Funds Allocation, Helps Save on Inspections - April 23, 2018
- Torchlight Energy Resources, Inc. Announces Closing of Underwritten Public Offering of Common Stock and Full Exercise of Underwriter's Option to Purchase Additional Shares - April 23, 2018
- Pixel Film Studios Releases TransWall Flip for Final Cut Pro X. - April 23, 2018