Both Storey and Egbert have been successful in their own right, driving in their own musical lanes. Egbert, as an EDM producer and remixer, has handled remixes for the likes of Sam Smith, Will.i.am, and Nina Storey; as an accomplished singer/songwriter, he has continued to defy boundaries, creating music with award winning producers such as, Chris Seefried (Fitz And The Tantrums), Stefan Skarbek (Beyonce), and Mikal Blue (One Republic). Having toured internationally, Storey’s music has appeared on various national TV shows including, “So You Think You Can Dance,” “Say Yes to The Dress,” and “My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.” Her songs have also been featured in international ad campaigns for companies such as Hyundai, Ford, and AT&T.
The single “Sound System” is being released on AIO/RED Sony. The project was spearheaded by Defiant Music and Media’s entrepreneur and Emmy winner mixer, Charlie Jones, with a set release date of 9/8. The release is being supported with a lyric video coming in October, various content throughout the fall and a music video coming in the first quarter of 2018.
About James Egbert:
Within the ever-evolving genre we know as EDM, there are few producers with the deep flexibility, knowledge, and understanding of songwriting and electronic sound design as James Egbert. It requires a special talent to produce a pop album that would debut at #1 on Billboard’s electronic chart and immediately follow it with a multi-genre dance album conquering the Beatport charts at #1, but Egbert has been the man behind the machine on multiple occasions of his and other artists’ success. His production prowess doesn’t stop at songwriting capabilities. Aside from being requested to provide official remixes for an astonishingly deep list of major-label superstars including Sam Smith, will.i.am, AFI, Emeli Sandé, Far East Movement, and Earth, Wind, & Fire, Egbert has also worked directly with SOL REPUBLIC, Roland, and Riot Games, lending his talents in sound design across a large variety of projects. Not only has Egbert cemented himself as a high-caliber producer, but also as a mesmerizing DJ, having performed on stages at the biggest electronic music festivals in the world, including EDC Las Vegas and Tomorrowland in Belgium. With this diverse of a past, we can never be sure of what to expect next from James Egbert, but one thing is for certain – it will be electrifying.
About Nina Storey:
Constantly redefining the genre of the singer/songwriter, Nina Storey has created a wholly unique and identifiable sound. On her album Think Twice, Storey doesn’t hold anything back. The soulful and sexy now Los Angeles based -via-Colorado chanteuse delivers infectiously catchy songs steeped in classic soul-pop. Storey is as powerful as she is provocative. Produced by Chris Seefried (Andra Day, Fitz and The Tantrums, Lana Del Rey) her music has in Storey’s own words, “The sensibility of an old- school soul record from the likes of The Supremes or Etta James, with a modern, Bruno Mars pop edge. I call it, FUTURE-RETRO.”
• Has sold nearly 50,000 albums independently, and financed Think Twice entirely from the support of fans, via PledgeMusic.
• Performed at international festivals including the Montreal Jazz Festival, New
Orleans JazzFest, Jazz Aspen, Monterey Blues Festival, High Sierra Festival
Telluride Blues Festival
• Sung the National Anthem for teams such as the Chicago Bulls, the Denver Broncos, and the Colorado Rockies
• Performed alongside such artists as: Keb’Mo’, Etta James, Sara Bareilles,
Rachel Platten, Sarah McLachlan, Jamie Cullum, Andy Grammar and DeVotchKa
That Song Sounds Familiar…
• In 2016, Storey, as well as her music, appeared in numerous national commercials, including campaigns for Nissan, AT&T, Ford, Kellogg’s, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Coke, Heineken and Hyundai. Her music has also been featured on CBS’s, “Angel From Hell”, FOX’S, “My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”, “So You Think You Can Dance”, NBC’s, “Days of Our Lives”, TLC’s, “Say Yes To The Dress”, Bravo’s, “Girlfriend’s Guide To Divorce”, as well as on the big screen, with American Girl and The Broken Hearts Club.
Nina is currently writing and starring in a scripted comedy series based her life as a touring musician, entitled, “Strangely Optimistic.”
In the Press:
• Nina has graced the front page of the Denver Post and the Colorado Daily, as well as the cover of New Times Magazine, Good Times Magazine and Denver’s 5280
• Featured on CNN, Showbiz Today, MTV Online and RollingStone.com.
• People Magazine wrote, “With a voice like hers, pyrotechnics are
redundant.” Music Connection proclaimed, “By far one of the most
powerful and expressive voices in the business today, combining poignant
storytelling with memorable melodies.” The Santa Cruz Sentinal called her, “…Half Janis, Half Alanis, one part Virgin Mary, three parts Dirty Harry.”
Where you can hear the music:
James Egbert https://www.facebook.com/jamesegbert/
Nina Storey http://www.ninastorey.com/
For the original news story, please visit https://pressreleasejet.com/news/two-worlds-collide-as-edm-sensation-james-egbert-teams-with-popalternative-singer-songwriter-nina-storey-for-the-popedm-hit-single-sound-system-on-aiored-sony.html.
Powered by WPeMatico
Latest posts by Brad Bennett (see all)
- Dam Disasters Prompt Scrutiny of Infrastructure Spending; IPC Addresses Funds Allocation, Helps Save on Inspections - April 23, 2018
- Torchlight Energy Resources, Inc. Announces Closing of Underwritten Public Offering of Common Stock and Full Exercise of Underwriter's Option to Purchase Additional Shares - April 23, 2018
- Pixel Film Studios Releases TransWall Flip for Final Cut Pro X. - April 23, 2018