NEW YORK, March 14, 2018 — The American Kennel Club (AKCÂ®), the world's largest purebred dog registry and leading advocate for dogs, is pleased to announce the launch of its newly, re-designed website AKC.org.
The website site has a completely redesigned and enhanced to include expanded Breed, Health, Training and information on Sports and Events. The new site is a user-friendly and was developed based on feedback from dog show participants, club members, breeders and dog lovers.
“This site was designed with the goal of giving our users the best possible experience,” says Dennis Sprung, President and CEO. “The AKC is a dynamic organization and deserves a website that is equally dynamic. The new site is easy to use and provides the type of functionality that has long been requested by users. We are excited for visitors to experience the new website.”
New enhancements include:
- New “intelligent” search: Searching for information on the site has never been easier! Functionality includes a new “auto complete” and a new advanced search option that makes finding information simple.
- New navigation: Content is organized to make it quick and easy to find exactly what users are looking for.
- More inviting visuals and content: The site has had a total makeover. All pages have been redesigned with new and improved graphics, images and layouts.
- Enhanced breed pages: With more than 190 breeds to choose from, there is a wealth of knowledge about favorite dog breeds with galleries, breed tools, videos and more.
- All of the information, products and services that a dog owner needs: Whether looking for a new puppy, training tips, a dog groomer, or ready to register a dog, everything can now be found in one place.
“We are delighted to launch the new AKC.org website which will provide dog owners with everything they need to care for their dog in one easy place,” says Alexandra Aleskovsky, EVP, Chief Growth Officer. “Expand the Room, our digital strategy and design agency, partnered with us in creating this best-in-class website that will be a true asset to dog lovers everywhere. Already a top-rated site, the new design and improvements will ensure that the AKC.org continues to be a top resource for dog owners everywhere.”
More information can be found on the FAQ section of www.akc.org
About the American Kennel Club
Founded in 1884, the American Kennel Club is a not-for-profit organization which maintains the largest registry of purebred dogs in the world and oversees the sport of purebred dogs in the United States. The AKC is dedicated to upholding the integrity of its registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs and breeding for type and function. Along with its more than 5,000 licensed and member clubs and its affiliated organizations, the AKC advocates for the purebred dog as a family companion, advances canine health and well-being, works to protect the rights of all dog owners and promotes responsible dog ownership. More than 22,000 competitions for AKC-registered purebred dogs are held under AKC rules and regulations each year including conformation, agility, obedience, rally, tracking, herding, lure coursing, coonhound events, hunt tests, field and earthdog tests. Affiliate AKC organizations include the AKC Humane Fund, AKC Canine Health Foundation, AKC Reunite and the AKC Museum of the Dog. For more information, visit www.akc.org.
AKC, American Kennel Club, the American Kennel Club seal and design, and all associated marks and logos are trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks of The American Kennel Club, Inc.
Become a fan of the American Kennel Club on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter @AKCDogLovers
SOURCE American Kennel Club
Latest posts by Jasmine Petters (see all)
- Research Details Developments in the Medical Device Technologies Market on Global Market Will Make a Huge Impact in Near Future - March 20, 2018
- Statement by Kelly M. Semrau, Senior Vice President Global Corporate Affairs, Communication and Sustainability at SC Johnson - March 20, 2018
- Animal Antibiotics Market Product (Tetracycline, Penicillin, Sulfonamide, Macrolide, Cephalosporin, Fluoroquinolone) Worth +4 Billion USD by 2021 - March 20, 2018