The goal of the workshop is to provide a snapshot of the current status of continuous manufacturing for small molecules that will benefit everyone from novices to experts in the field.
BETHESDA, Md. March 14, 2018
The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) announced the speaker line-up for their 2018 Continuous Manufacturing Workshop, taking place in 6â€“7 June in Arlington, Virginia USA, in conjunction with the 2018 Pharmaceutical Quality Week. Returning for the first time since 2016, this event will feature cutting-edge presentations from leaders in the field who have implemented continuous manufacturing strategies and launched successful projects.
â€œThe goal of the workshop is to provide a snapshot of the current status of continuous manufacturing for small molecules that will benefit everyone from novices to experts in the field,â€� said Christine Moore, PhD, Program Committee Chair and Global Head and Executive Director, Merck & Co. â€œMany conference sessions have discussed the theoretical aspects of continuous manufacturing, but this event will feature implementation experience. We are pleased to bring together a dynamic speaker line-up of regulators and users of the technology to share their successes, challenges, and lessons learned.â€�
This event will feature global industry experts and regulators, including:
- Lawrence Yu, PhD, Deputy Director, FDA/CDER/OPQ
- Celia N. Cruz, PhD, Director, Division of Product Quality Research, FDA/CDER/OPQ/OTR/DPQR
- Douglas Hausner, PhD, Associate Director for Industrial Relations and Business Development, Rutgers University
- Mark Birse, Group Manager Inspectorate, MHRA
- W. Darin Moody, Senior Vice President, Global API and Dry Products Manufacturing, Eli Lilly and Company
- Yoshihiro Matsuda, Deputy Director, Pharma Medical Devices Agency (PMDA)
For the complete speaker line-up for this ISPE event and to register, visit http://www.ISPE.org/Conferences/2018-Continuous-Manufacturing-Workshop.
The Continuous Manufacturing Workshop will be held as part of three key events recognizing the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industryâ€™s efforts to improve product quality and patient health during the 2018 ISPE Pharmaceutical Quality Week. This week will also feature the Quality Manufacturing Conference focusing on the opportunities to ensure continual improvement in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical manufacturing and five in-depth pharma training courses: biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities, GAMPÂ® 5, oral solid dosage (OSD), Quality by Design (QbD), and commissioning and qualification (C&Q).
The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) is the worldâ€™s largest not-for-profit association serving its members through leading scientific, technical, and regulatory advancement across the entire pharmaceutical lifecycle. The 18,000 members of ISPE are building solutions in the development and manufacture of safe, effective pharmaceutical and biologic medicines, and medical delivery devices in more than 90 countries around the world. Founded in 1980, ISPE has its worldwide headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland USA, and an operations and training center in Tampa, Florida USA. Visit http://www.ISPE.org for more information.
For more information, contact:
Senior Director, Marketing Communications
International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE)
Latest posts by Maria Burns (see all)
- McDonaldâ€™s Becomes the First Restaurant Company to Set Approved Science Based Target to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions - March 20, 2018
- One Million Happy People in the World is Only the Starting Point for Change - March 20, 2018
- Electrolux presents progress in 2017 Sustainability Report - March 20, 2018