Nor-Tech developed an instant bare metal disaster recovery utility as part of its NT-EZ portfolio of HPC solutions for easy deployment, operation, maintenance.
— Nor-Tech President and CEO David Bollig
MINNEAPOLIS, MINN., U.S. , December 7, 2017 — Nor-Tech just developed a game-changing on-the-spot bare metal disaster recovery utility as part of its NT-EZ portfolio of HPC solutions for easy deployment, operation and maintenance.
Nor-Tech President and CEO David Bollig said, “Everything we ship includes this tool. This allows our clients to immediately bring a crashed server back to its original state without jumping through hoops. We are the only technology builder and integrator I know of that offers this expensive third party utility at no cost.”
Bare metal recovery is a backup for applications, operating systems, and data. Under most circumstances, it is extremely difficult for a client to implement without expertise and ultimately taking the computer offline. Nor-Tech’s bare metal recovery utility has three advantages:
1. In most cases (depending on configuration) the backup can be initiated and completed without taking the computer offline. In all cases, there is either zero or significantly less disruption to existing work.
2. Instead of days, recovery takes 30 minutes or less.
3. It is much less expensive and just as reliable as what is currently on the market. Products by Acronis, Carbonite, and Symantec cost $1,000s of dollars. Nor-Tech is offering this proprietary tool at no additional cost for new technology.
This bare metal recovery tool is one of six HPC deployment, operation and maintenance utilities in the company’s NT-EZ solutions portfolio. The other five solutions include:
• NT-EZ Remote Visualization: Big data files don’t have to be transferred to the user’s location to be viewed for post processing.
• NT-EZ Storage Guard: Monitors storage usage and alerts the user if available storage is reaching critically low levels.
• NT-EZ SATM (System Ambient Temperature Monitoring): Prevents cluster failure due to excessive heat caused by events such as room air conditioning failure.
• NT-EZ Remote Monitoring & Management: Provides an easy way for Nor-Tech to manage complex equipment, such as HPC clusters, without the client having HPC expertise in-house. Support contracts can be purchased in blocks of time at significant discounts.
• NT-EZ Open OnDemand Plus: Delivers a GUI through a browser instead of only a CLI. Nor-Tech adapted Open OnDemand Plus to work with OpenHPC, the company’s most prevalent Open Source cluster management suite.
For more information on the company’s bare metal recovery innovation and the entire NT-EZ portfolio of solutions, visit: https://www.nor-tech.com/solutions/nt-ez/.
Nor-Tech is on CRN’s list of the top 40 Data Center Infrastructure Providers along with Dell, HPE and Lenovo; and is a cluster builder for 2015 and 2017 Nobel Physics Award-winning projects. Nor-Tech is renowned throughout the scientific, academic, and business communities for easy to deploy turnkey clusters, Linux expertise, and no wait time support. Two Nor-Tech HPC cluster clients have won Nobel Physics Prizes (2015 and 2017). All of Nor-Tech’s technology is made by Nor-Tech in Minnesota and supported by Nor-Tech around the world. In addition to HPC clusters, Nor-Tech’s custom technology includes workstations, desktops, and servers for a range of applications including CAE, CFD, and FEA. Nor-Tech engineers average 20+ years of experience and are responsible for significant high performance computing innovations. The company has been in business since 1998 and is headquartered in Burnsville, Minn. just outside of Minneapolis. To contact Nor-Tech call 952-808-1000/toll free: 877-808-1010 or visit http://www.nor-tech.com. Full release at: http://www.nor-tech.com/category/news/. Media Contact: Jeanna Van Rensselar, Smart PR Communications; [email protected]
Jeanna Van Rensselar
Smart PR Communications
email us here
Latest posts by Maria Burns (see all)
- “Spring Break Ocean Festival” el primer festival de música latina sobre el océano - December 15, 2017
- Retail Groups File Amicus in SCOTUS Amex Credit Card Fees Case - December 15, 2017
- Mesoblast grants TiGenix an exclusive global patent license to use adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells in the local treatment of fistulae - December 15, 2017