WASHINGTON, Nov. 14, 2017 — The Yemeni Minister of Local Administration and the Higher Committee for Relief, His Excellency Abdulraqib Fatih, called on the United Nations and other aid organizations working in the sphere of humanitarian relief to play an efficient role in receiving and delivering aid through the Aden Port, airports, and other liberated provinces. The Minister reiterated the commitment to distribute aid relief through civil society organizations and other relevant humanitarian aid entities to all governates; ensuring neutrality, transparency, and accountability.
To this end, the King Salman Center for Relief and Humanitarian Aid (KS Relief) has diversified and scaled its humanitarian aid efforts across Yemeni governates indiscriminately:
- KS Relief supported a specialized medical team with the Makkah Eye Hospital to perform 48 critical retinal surgeries, out of 69, on Yemeni patients successfully during the week of November 1-6, 2017.
- KS Relief conducted a Fog Spray Mission in the Lahj Governate, impacting 96,000 residents across 546 villages, to combat insects carrying Dengue Fever.
- KS Relief distributed 3,000 food baskets to displaced families in the Taiz Governate- a Houthi Iranian-backed militia controlled area; culminating into nearly 80,000 allocated basket distributions.
- KS Relief, in cooperation with the World Health Organization, signed two projects to further initiate the dissemination of treatment to systematically contain and treat cholera across Yemen as an immediate response, as well as, long-term efforts with respect to facilities, infrastructure, and capability-building. The projects will disseminate cholera aid worth nearly $23 million USD.
SOURCE Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia, Information Office
Latest posts by Sarah Thompson (see all)
- CRH PLC Announces Trading Update – November 2017 - November 21, 2017
- Highlights to be presented at Novo Nordisk’s Capital Markets Day 2017 - November 21, 2017
- Novo Nordisks kapitalmarkedsdag 2017 - November 21, 2017