DENVER, March 13, 2018 –
Fourth-Quarter 2017 Highlights
- Record fourth-quarter sales of $781.8 million, a 17.1% increase over prior-year quarter
- Net income of $118.8 million, compared to prior-year quarter net income of $9.9 million
- Adjusted EBITDA of $173.0 million, a fourth-quarter record, and Adjusted EBITDA Margin of 22.1%
- Acquired Atlas Hydraulics (“Atlas”), a fully-integrated North American producer of hydraulic tube and hose assemblies, strengthening Gates' position in the fluid power market
Full-Year 2017 Highlights
- Sales increased 10.7% from the prior year to over $3.0 billion
- Net income of $151.3 million compared to $57.7 million in 2016
- Record full-year Adjusted EBITDA of $669.1 million and Adjusted EBITDA Margin of 22.0%
- Strong cash generation resulting in improved leverage metrics
- Initiating guidance for full-year revenue and Adjusted EBITDA
The full results are posted at investors.gates.com at this time, and the full release will be distributed over the wire at a later time today.
Gates Industrial Corporation plc (NYSE: GTES), a leading global provider of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions, today reported results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 30, 2017.
About Gates Industrial Corporation plc
Gates is a global manufacturer of innovative, highly engineered power transmission and fluid power solutions. Gates offers a broad portfolio of products to diverse replacement channel customers, and to original equipment (“first-fit”) manufacturers as specified components. Gates participates in many sectors of the industrial and consumer markets. Our products play essential roles in a diverse range of applications across a wide variety of end markets ranging from harsh and hazardous industries such as agriculture, construction, manufacturing and energy, to everyday consumer applications such as printers, power washers, automatic doors and vacuum cleaners and virtually every form of transportation. Our products are sold in 128 countries across our four commercial regions: the Americas; Europe, Middle East & Africa; Greater China; and East Asia & India.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains certain “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Forward-looking statements include all statements that do not relate solely to historical or current facts, and you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of words such as “outlook,” “believes,” “expects,” “potential,” “continues,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “could,” “seeks,” “predicts,” “intends,” “trends,” “plans,” “estimates,” “anticipates” or the negative version of these words or other comparable words. Such forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties. Statements relating to our estimated and projected earnings, margins, costs, expenditures, cash flows, growth rates and financial results are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to risk, uncertainties and other factors that may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Important factors could affect our results and could cause results to differ materially from those expressed in our forward-looking statements, including but not limited to the factors discussed in the section entitled “Risk Factors” in Gates' prospectus dated January 24, 2018, as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and the following: conditions in the global and regional economy and the major end markets we serve; economic, political and other risks associated with international operations; availability of raw materials at favorable prices and in sufficient quantities; changes in our relationships with, or the financial condition, performance, purchasing power or inventory levels of, key channel partners; competition in all areas of our business; continued operation of our manufacturing facilities; exchange rate fluctuations; enforcement of our intellectual property rights; work stoppages and other labor matters; changes in legislative, regulatory and legal developments involving taxes and other matters; our substantial leverage; and the significant influence of our majority shareholder, The Blackstone Group L.P., over us, as such factors may be updated from time to time in its periodic filings with the SEC which are accessible on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. Gates undertakes no obligation to update or supplement any forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gates-industrial-full-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-2017-results-posted-on-investorsgatescom-300613520.html
SOURCE Gates Industrial Corporation plc
Latest posts by Jasmine Petters (see all)
- Students Run LA Returns For Its 29th Year in Preparation For The Annual 2018 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon - March 17, 2018
- Health & Wellness Integrated Healthcare Centers Provides Charitable Donation to Capital City Rowing - March 17, 2018
- TV fitness expert, Terri Allen publishes a book that shares insights on health and fitness - March 17, 2018