â€œThe ATEN Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock provides the necessary power to charge multiple devices, daisy chains multiple Thunderbolt devices, drives dual 4K monitors or DisplayPort, and provides easy access for flash or hard drives with multiple USB Type A ports.â€�
IRVINE, Calif. March 14, 2018
ATEN Technology, Inc., the technology leader and global manufacturer of KVM and Pro AV connectivity solutions, today announced the UH7230 – Thunderboltâ„¢ 3 Multiport Dock solution. Designed to create a simplified, yet productive 4K state-of-the-art workspace, the UH7230, offers more multiport connectivity and charging capabilities to MacBook or Windows laptops via a single Thunderbolt cable.
The UH7230 Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock quickly connects peripherals and displays video content from a laptop. At work, school, or home, the Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Docking Station allows users to add an additional monitor for enhanced multitasking, such as designing and viewing of movies, or photos in high definition. The docking station is ideal for creative professionals and those who work with high-resolution, graphic-intensive images, video, and CAD drawings, such as video producers, graphic and web designers, architects, or any field requiring optimal quality displays and USB devices.
Thunderbolt 3 provides high speed data transfers, powerful performance, and lightweight in a single form factor. So, while more laptops â€“ like MacBooks and Ultrabooks â€“ are adopting the interface, many users are still faced with the challenge of connecting multiple devices with legacy interfaces due to lack of the proper port.
â€œDongles can be used to transfer the interface, but for mobile workers who use a variety of legacy USB Type A gadgets, the multiple dongle approach can be very inconvenient,â€� said Rojin Liao, senior product marketing manager, ATEN Technology, Inc. â€œThe ATEN Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock provides the necessary power to charge multiple devices, daisy chains multiple Thunderbolt devices, drives dual 4K monitors or DisplayPort, and provides easy access for flash or hard drives with multiple USB Type A ports.â€�
UH7230 key features include:
- Support of dual 4K or 5K resolution for graphics-intensive multitasking â€“ allows users to connect one 5K display or two 4K displays (one DisplayPort and one Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port) with nearly 16 million more pixels than HDTVs. Whether editing video or digital media, designing graphics, or using applications that require high-definition visuals, users will benefit from astonishing resolution, contrast, and color depth.
- Blazing fast speed to boost productivity â€“ with up to 40Gbps bandwidth, users can transfer files faster (a 4K movie takes less than 30 seconds) and reduce waiting, freeing up more time to accomplish other tasks.
- USB Power Delivery 2.0 for Mac and Windows laptops â€“ supporting up to 85W of power delivery, the UH7230 is an intuitive central hub for not only connectivity expansion, but also for charging a laptop and USB accessories. The UH7230 can provide power to matched USB-C Windows or Mac laptops with PD Profile specifications of 20V/4.25A, 15V/3A, 9V/3A, and 5V/3A.
- Simplified workspace via a single cable â€“ using the (included) single Thunderbolt 3 cable, the docking station expands connectivity up to 8 ports, including audio, Gigabit Ethernet, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 3 USB-C and USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports to accommodate a userâ€™s most demanding computing needs. A Thunderbolt 3 port is also provided to daisy chain up to 5 additional Thunderbolt 3 devices, such as data storage.
Pricing and Availability
The UH7230 Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock is now available for $220 USD via ATENâ€™s channel of distribution and reseller partners: http://www.aten.com/us/en/where-to-buy/.
For more information, product features, and technical specifications, visit:
About ATEN Technology, Inc.:
ATEN Technology, Inc. is the technology leader and global manufacturer of KVM and Pro AV connectivity solutions, and the U.S. subsidiary of ATEN International Co., Ltd. (TWSE: 6277), established in 1979. A certified member of the HDBaseT Alliance, holding over 500 industry patents, ATEN offers integrated KVM, Professional Audio (Pro AV), and Intelligent Power solutions, across all industries including corporate, commercial, government, industrial, entertainment, educational, and retail environments.
A technology first company, ATENâ€™s advanced ability to quickly develop customized solutions in KVM, Pro AV, PDU, USB, and data communication lines allows the company to build products that connect, manage, and optimize electronics based on customer need. ATENâ€™s comprehensive portfolio of innovative, reliable products is available worldwide, with local U.S support. For more information, visit: http://www.aten.com/us/en/ and follow @ATENConnect on Twitter.
Products, service names, and company logos mentioned herein may be the registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
MRB Public Relations
+1 732.758.1100, x. 105
Latest posts by Maria Burns (see all)
- Online Launch of 'There's Something in the Air' – a Virtual Reality Air Pollution Visualization - March 22, 2018
- Kaazing Unveils DisasterAWARE ENTERPRISE™ Real Time Risk Intelligence Platform For Businesses Worldwide - March 22, 2018
- Large Business Innovator: Bentall Kennedy Wins 2018 GLOBE Climate Leadership Award - March 22, 2018